Chapter 71 - 4.8 Third Blue Star - Xie Ye's Soul Domain I

The children enjoy the three short peaceful days before the hell days begin. With the help of his System Yue, Gui Lan no longer needed to overworked himself using his telepathic abilities. He only needs to instruct Yue to pass his messages to their allies in their minds since the result is similar to his abilities the others didn't overthink about the different voices resounding within their minds. He let his system contact others except for Xie Ye. Since his connection with the villain is a permanent link, he only needs to think in his mind and their connection will be opened whenever he wants.

But for some reason Xie Ye had become sticky and sticky more each day. Xie Ye would never leave the bed unless he wakes up. When going to the bathroom to brush teeth and take shower, Xie Ye would always follow him. He follows him like a shadow not even leaving a few meters distance from him. Xie Ye had become like this ever since he woke up crying that day. Though Gui Lan never asked for the reason, he allowed the latter to do what he wanted after all they were already running out of time.

​​

Last night of peace.

Everybody was in room 0373 doing whatever they wanted to do. On one of the upper bunkers of the double deck beds, Xu Lun is taking a nap while using Yun Li's shoulder while the latter ignores the heavy thing on his body as he reads his book in silence. Li Xing and Yi Zheng on their own bed were playing with cards entertaining themselves. On the opposite side of their bed another pair is in an even weirder pose the first pair. The taller child is hugging the small child in his embrace with the elder one hiding his face on the other's shoulder. He is hugging him so tightly that the other couldn't even move and had a hard time breathing. But despite that the latter one doesn't voice any complaint.

Even though Gui Lan always spoils that person and this is not the first time he acts this weirdly possessive, if one thinks of that person's age, there is no way he should be acting this way for no reason. He could even feel the weird sneak glance of their other friends inside the room.

Whispering can be heard inside the room.

From the upper bunker.

Xu Lun who finally opened his eyes from his nap, "Is that one there has always been this strange? Aren't he a bit dependent on Gui Lan?" He whispered to his friend beside him.

"Can't you just mind your own business, A'Lun?" retorted Yun Li despite of that his eyes never left the opened book in front of him.

"But he is really acting weird. That brat below says that the guy isn't like that before. Instead he is supposed to be a calm and cool type moreover is that cousin of yours, supposed that indulgent towards someone else? When even you, A'Li, treats me worse than dirty when you're in a bad mood." said Xu Lun.

This time Yun Li finally got interested in the conversation. After all if there is someone here who knew more about Gui Lan it would be him. They might not have any close interaction but as a future leader figure Yun Li have been observing Gui Lan in their clan. Though rumors say that their heir became an introvert at the age of 3 and stopped attending parties and family banquets, he had seen Gui Lan before he suddenly retreated. The Gui Lan that he knows isn't like this one before him. Always smiling as though having fun at almost everything. Seemly approachable despite of his languid and aloof gaze. Even the usual OCD behavior of avoiding the other's touch except for Xie Ye. This Gui Lan seems like a different person but at the same time not. Yun Li feels that there is something wrong with this Gui Lan but at the same time he knows this is the same person.

But the Gui Lan he knew from before is the opposite of this. He shows no hints of emotion on his face. Despite his overwhelming intelligence he had no emotion nor feelings for others and for himself. The Gui Lan from outside this institute is nothing but a machine. A machine that his clan made to take control and stabilize their clan. That's the Gui Lan he knows. Not this one who looks like him and feels like him but not like him either. Like looking at the reflection of the moon on the surface of a pond. The figure is clear, but not true.