Chapter 131 - 5.32 First Violet Star - Negative 50 Degrees

As the last week of the month began, the snowstorm outside had gotten stronger and this time hail started to fall as well. They tribe could even hear some low banging on the roof due to the small windows. But thankfully the cave is sturdy enough to keep protecting them from the cruelty outside.

First day of the last week of the month.

Just as his system had informed him, the temperature had dropped drastically this morning. In their human form, despite sitting near the bonfire their breathing still causes white smoke as they exhale. The clothes on them aren't enough to protect them anymore. The children were specially affected. Even when they're parents hug them in their beast cub, it still couldn't stop them from shivering badly.

"D-Dad I'm so c-cold~" a little cub in his beast form said.

His dad instantly wrapped him in a thick fur blanket. "Child, wait a bit, let dad cover you with a blanket and dad will hug you in your sleep." said the dad of this little cub who instantly turned to a big bear. He pulled the blanket where his cub is to his body and hugs it tightly.

This scene happens collectively inside the cave. Adult beastmen worked together to warm the children of the tribe.

On the first day the temperature had already dropped to -10 degrees. This morning Xuebao and Meizhou roam around the cave to check on the tribe's state. They've started frowning when they see most children's beastmen pale faces as they shiver nonstop in the bosom of their parents. The ones who approached them to report were Tuzi and his two fiancés.

Tuzi spoke but his voice was obviously stuttering from the cold. "Baobao. The wooden door in front of the cave had frozen. The ice prevents it from being closed completely."

"Are there enough coal and wood?" asked Xuebao.

Xiong answered, "There is indeed enough but... At this rate it would take just a few days to completely use it up."

Warrior Lang spoke, "The hail outside had gotten stronger and the ceiling of the cave might partly crumble as well."

"My love, I need to pray outside. Can you open the door for me?" asked Xuebao as he looked at his husband.

"I will open the door and accompany you outside." said Meizhou.

The other three don't understand what the two of them meant. The only thing they understand is that these two were planning on doing something and will be going out in the hellish outside world.

Tuzi courageously grabbed Xuebao with red eyes.

"You can't. You mustn't! It's so damn freezing just by standing near the door and you wanted to come out! NO! I don't agree. I don't!" said Tuzi as he tightly held on Xuebao's arm above his clothes.

Xuebao responded, "But it's my duty... To keep the tribe safe no matter what."

"Don't worry. I will accompany him outside. Before it gets worse I'll bring him inside right away. Just prepared an extra large bonfire and heat bathing water for us." said Meizhou as he held Xuebao's hand.

"But!?"

"Tutu!? Calm down!" The one who yelled at Tuzi with a reprimanding tone is Priest Anbao.

Beside him is Priest Linshe and the former tribe leader, Zhubao. They immediately looked for Xuebao and Meizhou as the priests received a message from the Beast God.

"Master?!" called Xiong and Tuzi.

"Greetings to the tribe's priests and High elder Zhubao!" said Lang as he saluted to the three elders.