Chapter 86 - 4.23 Third Blue Star - Regret

Metropolitan Headquarters.

Supernatural Investigation Department.

Office of the Chief.

The main group had gathered in Yi Zheng's Office. The interior of the office is designed with minimalism decors. There are few records on the shelves sticking on the walls. A small table at the center surrounded with couches where guests could take their seats. Not far away is Yi Zheng's personal table which is now covered with piles of papers. It was obvious that it's an undone paperwork.

As soon as this little group of four entered the room, Hei Lan jumped on the only couch covered in thick blankets and laid on it while hugging a huge pillow placed on the chair. This part of the office is obviously customized to accommodate this OCD-ic person. No one else but Hei Lan and Xie Ye sat on that couch.

Hei Lan expected Xie Ye to sit at the other end of the couch where he usually stays but unfortunately that this time Xie Ye instead walked passed the couch where Hei Lan sits and sat on the other free couch that is a bit far from Hei Lan. Seeing this, Hei Lan's trademark smile fades as he stares at Xie Ye who had suddenly widened the distance between them. He is now treating Hei Lan as a stranger.

Tension and silence ascended in the area especially between Hei Lan and Xie Ye. As the cause of this situation Yi Zheng felt guilty. He was reluctant to enter his own office for the first time. Li Xing seeing his lover's situation had no other choice but to pat his back in comfort and gestured to him to get inside as they still had serious business to talk about.

Taking a seat at the free couch, the couple waited for Hei Lan to speak.

Sighs~

Hearing Hei Lan's sighed in that quiet office made Yi Zheng flinch. It was an instinctive action. They watched Hei Lan stand up and walked towards a shelf and took a file from it. On his way he took a few post it paper and a pen on Yi Zheng's table then returned to the table completely ignoring Xie Ye this time. He has no smile, not even an expression on his face. There is only seriousness, coldness and detachment. Seeing this Xie Ye who was observing him secretly gripped his hands into fist. He felt an unbearable pain in his chest which is now full of anxiety and agitation. He knew he was wrong to suddenly ignore Hei Lan before clarifying his own feelings. But he couldn't let himself like someone else aside from Gui Lan. He could only sacrifice Hei Lan to establish his loyalty towards his feelings for Gui Lan.

Hei Lan placed the files he took and left it opened on the table.

"This is the exact location of Inferno's Headquarters." Hei Lan pointed at the map and pictures from the file.

Yi Zheng's eyes widened in disbelief. After all the location Hei Lan pointed to is the the Head State Palace. The Eternal Palace where the president lives.

"Is this true?!!" exclaimed Yi Zheng in shock.

This time even Xie Ye and Li Xing's faces were dark in skepticism.

Xie Ye asked, "How sure are you?"

"100%. I'm willing to bet my life on it if it's not there." replied Hei Lan but he never met Xie Ye's eyes at that moment.

His gesture of plainly ignoring him and his careless attitude towards him made Xie Ye frown but he didn't say anything.

They've watched Hei Lan scribble something on the post it note on his lap as he speaks but their attention is still on the files placed on the top of the table.

"They have lots of espers on their side and a numerous amount of modern weapons in their possession as well. You should make preparations. "

Li Xing looked at Hei Lan. "Is there any suggestion, Sir Hei?" he asked.