Chapter 23 - 1.23 First Small Star [Extra 2] - Horror Tale X

Lin Xia heads to the library.

On the way to the building, he seemingly remembered seeing the whole layout of the place and could somehow guess where the library was located. Upon seeing the door of the library emitting grey-colored qi or ghost qi, he knew that he had found the right place.

​​

That ghost from the video recording must be residing in this place. When he held the doorknob he felt the ghost qi preventing him from opening the door. He only squinted his eyes slightly as he used his own qi to fight off the ghost qi placed on the door and forcefully opened it.

The ghost qi was purified instantly by Lin Xia's qi. He pushed open the door and entered the weird portal inside the door.

"A portal to his own domain? Why is the protection so weak...?" murmured Lin Xia while looking at the weird-looking water-like portal in front of him.

He didn't hesitate to enter the door, the other three students followed him inside after gathering enough courage not to be separated from this person who was able to save them.

After passing through the door, they've only felt like they've dived into the water then felt what it is like to be drowned, and when they've finally couldn't hold their breath, they could only gasp for air to live.

Their minds blackout for few seconds but when they've opened their eyes what brought them surprised is that they are no longer in water but in a new place. What they've expected to see is a room full of books but what welcomes them is an old traditional room with a small table above the carpeted floor with few pillows surrounding it.

On that table, they've seen Xue Luli, Fu Lian, and Ye Lou playing Go game board. The game board is an ancient type made of precious wood and the black-white stones were made in jade. It is a legit Weiqi gameboard from ancient time.

The ones playing are Fu Lian and Ye Lou while Xue Luli and Xue Jing were watching the two play. Xue Luli is helping her boyfriend play while Xue Jing is helping the other brother, Ye Lou, play. There's an expensive-looking paper fan in Xue Jing's hands. He used it to fan himself like an elegant young master. There's an always mischievous smile on his lips though his silver eyes remain lifeless as he is already a ghost.

Before the play with weiqi1, Xue Luli had tested the ghost king before them many times. She even scratched her fingers on purpose to test him if he wanted her blood. But Xue Jing just approached her and treated her wound nonchalantly. He even said that he doesn't like blood as he is a ghost, not an evil spirit.

Xue Jing even scolded her for hurting herself. Because of this, the three of them believe that this ghost king is indeed their little brother Xue Jing from before. He is silent but playful at the same time. Moreover, he indeed cares for them like how they care for him.

Ye Lou who is on the losing side of the board said, "Little brother~ help me play. We are losing now~"

"Shut up! Jingjing had been telling you how to play properly but you didn't put your stones in the right place that's why you are losing!" scolded Xue Luli.

"I tried putting it in the right place! Though I counted it wrong just now!" retorted Ye Luo.

Fu Lian snorted at him and said, "Just accept that you don't know how to play. Who would count that weirdly as you do."

"Who would have thought that counting starting from your side would make me place my stone in the wrong place? Tsk! I should have counted it from my side then wouldn't you lose by then!" said Ye Lou.

Looking at the three humans bickering in front of him made Xue Jing feel he is alive even for a short moment. The souls of these three were especially pure that he couldn't help but want to protect them from that demon. This is the reason why he hides them in his own domain.