Chapter 176 - 6.36 Third Green Star - Arrival At The Hope Base

After a long journey on the road, Unit Alpha had finally reached the base in Z District. It was already nightfall when they reached the close gates of the base. The awakened soldiers who were on guard duty blocked the path of the six hummers approaching the base. They pointed the gun at the motorcade.

The car stopped as the guns of the guards were raised to their directions.

"Stop and get out of your cars!"

"Don't dare make any sudden movements. We will shoot!"

The guards shouted. Some even shotguns as warning.

BANG. Bang.

But before the third shot was heard, all guns were covered in ice, including the guard's hand. The guards started panicking until they saw someone go down from the hummer at the center.

They couldn't see his features clearly in the dark but they could still feel the menacing and overbearing pressure the man possessed. The guards of the base were all about to call for Reinforcement when the face of the man was revealed.

"General Cao?"

It was indeed the great general with a pissed off expression on his face. Once the general spotted the leader looking person among the guards he grabbed its collar and glared at that person.

"Are you doing your job right? It's almost midnight and you dare shoot some guns! You do want to wake my child up huh!!" complained Cao Junye.

It's long past Ximen Chino's sleeping time. But the child isn't willing to return to the dimensional space with his Uncle Yue and wanted to sleep in the car with his parents.

Cao Junye couldn't enter the space as he still needs to lead the unit. Ximen Xueya wasn't willing to sleep without Junye by his side. The child was already asleep when suddenly gunshots were heard in the middle of the night, almost jolting awake baby Chino in his sleep.

Ximen Xueya's mood turned bad hearing those gunshots and froze the guns, if not because Cao Junye coaxed him to calm down that he would also turn the soldiers guarding the base into an ice sculpture.

It is also because of this that Cao Junye got out of the car.

Recognizing General Cao, the soldiers wanted to salute him but when they did so. Only then did they remember that their hands were frozen, including the gun. They could only look helplessly at the general in front of them.

"Generally this... This ice is..."

Cao Junye replied nonchalantly, "My wife did it. Go in and ask some fire ability users to melt it for you. My wife is in the bad mood since you've almost wake up our child and bother his nap."

The soldiers who heard the general's explanation couldn't help but sneak a peek at the far center car in the motorcade. They were so sure they could feel some icy gaze coming from the car.

When they saw the ice on their hands slightly spreading more, they knew that someone was indeed glaring at them from inside the car.

They immediately removed their gaze and asked a patrolling soldier to inform the leader and Old General Sun about General Cao's arrival.

"Someone. Inform that General Cao is back!"

"Y-Yes Sir!"

The soldier who was passing by during his patrol had run off into report after saluting at the youngest yet greatest general in their country, Cao Junye.

After talking a few more minutes with the captain, he whispered something to the soldier's ear which made the latter panic even more.

His face turned completely white as if frightened horribly. The soldier with fire ability just finished melting his comrades hands as they watched the general return to the car at the center.