Chapter 80 - 4.17 Third Blue Star - Helper?

Psyche Institution. This place is a training facility for ability users or espers. There are no tuition fees, you just have to fulfill the requirement of being able to use supernatural abilities of any kind. Graduating here means as an esper you have completed necessary training on control and the government has deemed you as a special individual. It means you have received the recognition of the people around you even towards the ordinary human as a harmless being. Thanks to the institute the espers who received an identification ID from here are able to work on any platform even working with ordinary humans.

Ever since the day that information about ability users and espers had spread to the mass, the crime rate had gone up and most of it were caused by espers who overuse their abilities for their own greed and envy. SID, Supernatural Investigation Department, is a special unit under Metropolitan Police which handles cases that involve espers. Among the officers in this unit were certified Espers that were evaluated by the Psyche Institute. Everything about this esper including his origin and whole background were fully checked through and those possible spies were not given opportunities to enter the special department. An esper aspiring to work in SID must pass the qualification of Psyche Institute first before they could begin their training under SID.

​​

Yi Zheng, the current chief of SID is the lover of Psyche Institute's Vice Dean who is Li Xing. The relationship between SID and Psyche Institute is closely related to the people involved to that incident 15 years ago.

Yi Zheng's ability only allows him to see through people's morality value and it's not that helpful with regards to crime investigation. This is why when things are already beyond him, Yi Zheng always comes over to the Psyche Institute to ask help from his lover. Today he comes over for this very same reason.

Psyche Institute. Li Xing's Office.

Li Xing after fifteen years had matured into a kind and silent man. He has short hair with the same shade as cherry blossom but with a bit darker tone. A pleasing face with gentle features and a pair of effervescent, champagne pink eyes. An overall look for a silent beauty. This beauty is currently working on registration for new students. He needed to look through each registration to check for their backgrounds and possible connections outside the realm of family and such. For this kind of screening work his special ability of deduction is very useful. His photographic deduction is more useful for investigation than Yi Zheng's ability.

Knock. Knock.

While he is very busy with his work, someone suddenly knocked on his officer door. But before he could even allow the one outside to enter, the latter had entered the office like he owns the place. This person is silly lover Yi Zheng, who was grinning like a fool as soon as he entered his lover's office.

Yi Zheng who is smiling like a fool walked towards his lover without hesitation. "Xing'er~ I'm back~" he said his attitude is like an excited puppy meeting his owner after his daily walk. He even forgot that he has subordinates following behind him.

Li Xing looked at Yi Zheng tenderly as there's even a small smile in the corner of his lips, "A'Zhe? Is there a problem with work again?" he asked as he complained but his voice was pampering.

"There is that too, but I wanted to see you more." replied Yi Zheng who took away Li Xing from his table and pulled him to the couch for a guest to sit beside him.

Li Xing knows that there is only one reason why Yi Zheng comes over in his working place. It will always be for one reason. It was about the serial killer who hunts for specified espers. This specified espers had one common thing. They were espers who were unregistered and killed normals secretly for unwanted reasons. in short they kill for fun. They were nothing but psychopaths and it happens that when they go beyond a line of reason that this unknown serial killer eliminates them but leaves their corpse in open as if giving a warning to someone. Not only that sometimes this serial killer leaves traces that leads to information about the notorious esper syndicate, Inferno.