Chapter 20 - 1.20 First Small Star [Extra 2] - Horror Tale VII

The horror had gotten intense as the remaining survivors tried their best to survive in the predicament they are undergoing in that south yard abandoned building. The supernatural phenomenon continues to hunt them and they were unable to leave the premises of the said haunted land. No one is able to contact the world outside the terrifying land. Well~ except that single strand of hope that lonely king had provided them.

Fu Lian and Ye Lou took the two sides while keeping Xue Luli and little brother Xue Jing in between them. This is the safest place they can provide for these siblings who are the weakest in their group. The two male students tried their best to keep awake the whole night keeping vigil but the temptation of sleep still falls onto them. They were too tired to even keep their eyes open.

​​

With the silent space, only the uniform breathing of someone alive can be heard. As if something is protecting the whole floor, no other ghost had appeared ever since Fu Lian and Ye Lou as well as Xue Luli had fallen asleep.

The one with the smallest figure opened his eyes but unlike his innocent gaze, there's only slyness within those eyes which now had the shade of the moon, unlike its normal darkness. He slowly sat up and looked at the three adults surrounding him.

His argent eyes squinted as if entertained and the corner of his lips curled a bit. Within those silvery orbs was indifference to living. The lights on the floor suddenly started blinking. Some of the people in the area woke up and witnessed the scene of countless ghosts standing before that beautiful child whose eyes turned into an inhuman shade of color.

Before they could even scream a shadowy figure covered their mouths. Once they've met the eyes of the owner that possesses those silvery orbs, they see him smile at them with hints of cunningness. Those cerise lips were slightly hooked up as he motioned his index finger to cover the top of his lips vertically. Only the sound of him shushing can be heard.

Shush~~

Despite his beautiful appearance, the scene of ghosts and spirits surrounding him made completely inhuman. What they didn't know was that this scene was recorded live-streamed and sent to the Exorcist Association from Ye Lou's tablet before its battery had been used up.

---

Meanwhile in land outside the forbidden land.

In a Traditional Chinese building hidden from ordinary people's eyes is the main headquarters where most exorcists of this time reside. Though they call themselves exorcists it is better to call them Celestial Masters instead. They are people who practice Taoism to keep the order of the world. Separating the yin and the yang.

In a detached pavilion surrounded by rivers and lotus flowers, a man sat inside alone drinking tea. The pavilion is an old-style structure that is only found in the old dynasty but the man staying inside wore modern casual clothes. comfortable black pants and baggy long white sleeves. But despite this man wearing normal clothes the elegance in his every gesture shows his noble bloodline.

This man's features are overall cold. There are hints of asceticism on him. Emotionless face and eyes and overlooks the world with indifference and aloofness as if nothing in this world could move him. Unknown energy controlled the teapot and serve the man some tea.

In the presence of this supernatural event, this cold-looking man remains unfazed. He held the teacup in an unconcerned manner as we watch the reflection of the full moon on the lake.

"August? So today is the ghost festival. Jing'er, where are you?" murmured this man with yearning and longing in his voice but always no one could hear him or could give him an answer.