Chapter 69 - 4.6 Third Blue Star - Short Peace

Xie Ye didn't know how he got back to meet Xu Lun. But one can see through the way he walks while avoiding most adults on the way, that something was wrong with him. He bumped on the grumpy looking adult whom Gui Lan met before. This man was standing outside the office where he left Xu Lun. It is the secret agent whose name is called Ke Lou. Obviously this adult recognizes him.

Ke Lou smirked at him, "Kid, finally awake huh?"

​​

Xie Ye looked up at the owner of that teasing voice only to see that the adult before him wears the same white robes as those scientists from his memories. Gui Lan hasn't informed him about those two adults' identity yet. Which is why his reaction towards him and with that event he just saw on that dark floor just now, his vigilance against adults working in the institute is quite high. Ke Lou noticed his guards specially up towards him but he doesn't remember doing anything against the child. He then remembered where this kid just returned from.

Ke Lou's thoughts as he looked at the direction where Xie Ye came from. It was the location for the experimental laboratory of the institute. Thinking that today is supposed to be cleaning day, his expression darkens. He finally understood the reason for the kids heightened vigilance.

Ke Lou stared down on the boy, "Get used to it. You will die if you give up living. Accept your fears and fight for the future. The plan was moved ahead of time. You only need to suffer for a few days thanks to the young master." whispered Agent K to Xie Ye.

Of course the recordings around the office of the two agents were long tampered. They've been working in this place more than a year after all.

Xie Ye only then understood that this adult before him seems to be an acquaintance of Gui Lan. Within their group only Gui Lan's identity could be equated to a young master of a certain clan. Though the latter didn't give him information about his family, it is enough to know that as someone from a high class family that Gui Lan is different from the rest of them.

"Lan'er must have changed the details of the plan if you guys are involve. He had long told me that if there's an adult to help us with the plan, it could be done within a month unlike the original setting of waiting for half a year at least with just us children." said Xie Ye.

"Tsk! If not for you guys I think the young master would have left this place already. Him being kidnapped in the first place is an impossible feat." said Ke Lou before finishing his cigarette and entering the office of Lin Ye.

As he entered the room, an ugly wearing expression Xu Lun went out of the office before him. Xu Lun's expression is that of disbelief and anger. The information he got from Lin Ye about him is absurd enough for him to believe but the proofs were laid before them. Unlike what he remembered, he doesn't have siblings. He didn't have a family. He is an orphan sold to this place by his aunt for money. He was treated as a bastard child. All of his original memories were replaced by the illusions of family this place had given him. Now he isn't even sure if his name is really Xu Lun.

Xie Ye acted like he didn't see his depression and anger. His face remained emotionless when he looked at him. This child's expression only changes in front of Gui Lan while it remains as blank as it is towards everyone else.

"The cafeteria is closing soon. Let's get our food and return to the room." said Xie Ye before walking away.

His small figure walking in front had no intention of waiting for Xu Lun. Xu Lun only clicked his tongue once before following the latter to get their dinner. He could only consult the rest of his problem to Yun Li or Gui Lan after eating.

After dinner the people inside room 0373 gathered in a small circle. Though most of them were in pairs, seated at the side of the person with closest relationship to them. Li Xing sat beside the sleepy Yi Zheng. This child has always ended up sleepy after eating a heavy meal.