Chapter 158 - 6.18 Third Green Star - New Year II

Evening.

N District

At some seaside villa. The same villa which Xueya and Chino bought under the name of Ximen but abandoned it after returning to Ximen Mountain. This villa was occupied by Cao Junye and his Unit Alpha. Upon entering the villa they were surprised by how clean the place was.

The unit felt that the place was weird. Clearly the seaside N District is a ruined city. Except for a few survivors which they've saved on the way, every locals said that no one has been living in these seaside villas ever since the apocalypse. Not only they feared that there would be countless tourists turned zombies in this place, they weren't even courageous enough to leave their houses.

After all their district used to be a tourist spot, the population in this area is much higher than other districts. When apocalypse arrived the zombies in this city are denser than the other areas. The locals were especially afraid of the seaside.

Wang Lei spoke, "General, only this mansion is weirdly clean unlike the other villas. There are no traces of blood nor corpses. Not even a zombie. But there are traces that someone used to live here."

Some soldiers started asking some locals if they knew who used to leave here.

"Did any of you know who lives in this villa?"

"No sir. This area is a private land. The owner of this land used to sell villas but he seems to be gone now."

"We were just commoners. This place used to have a nearby resort. We just pass by it."

The soldiers didn't stop asking the rest of the survivors. Uncle on the other hand had to look around the place to do a thorough checking. Even the kitchen and refrigerators were checked through.

To his surprise Uncle Wu saw fresh seafoods, meat, vegetables and fruits inside the freezers. It was clearly packed full just lately. This obviously means that someone really lives here but upon checking the whole villa no one else is living in it.

Uncle Wu had also checked on the cabinets and saw it brimming with condiments and cooking necessities. But when he looked at the cabinet where the plates and glass are. He saw a familiar snowman shaped mug which is obviously customized.

"This is...!?"

This is something Uncle Wu himself had seen before. Carefully holding the mug in his hands the old butler's eyes reddened once he saw the familiar name on the cup. The characters with the meaning of both silence and sunrise.

The name Chino was engraved on the cup. This snowman shaped cup is his young master's favorite cup. His Master had personally bought it for young master Chino. Seeing this proof, Uncle Wu now knows who used to live in this place and why it was clean and the food is full packed as if to welcome them. It was indeed a welcoming gift for them.

Meanwhile Cao Junye who was helping check the villa went to check the Master's bedroom. The whole room was neatly cleaned and in order. But for some reason there is a familiar scent coming from the room. A Sweet and Peppermint with hints of milky scent. This is the familiar scent of his wife and son.

The scent inside the room made him feel nostalgia of the days when Xueya and Chino still lived with him. It's only for a few months but it felt like countless years for him. As if they've been together for a much longer time. Then he noticed a picture frame at the side table near the bed.

Cao Junye revealed a yearning expression seeing the smiling two figures in the photo. In the photo is a man with ethereal beauty unparalleled in this world while the child in his embrace had familiar features of his and Xueya.