Chapter 98 - 4.35 Third Blue Star - Aftermath [End]

Gui Lan and Xie Ye completely retreated from the duties after retiring. They've stayed in the Gui Clan's estate spending all the time together. No one bothered them and everyone gave them full freedom. Though there are times where Yi Zheng would come over with the rest of the team to complain and visit them, there are no other problems aside from that.

Ke Lou, Lin Ye and Professor Sen worked together to pacify the frightened civilians during their plan's implementation. Thanks to Gui Lan's meticulous planning almost all espers that work for the syndicate were caught. There were some who escaped but what caught thanks to the wanted bounty list the Gui Mansion had released.

The president was brought to court for supporting such inhumane syndicates and was forced to abdicate from his position as the country's leader. When the voting for the new leader was implemented, it was decided anonymously that Prime Minister Gui Shi will take the throne as the president seat. Because of that the Gui Clan had been promoted from a minister's household to a presidential household. The Minister's seat was passed to Lin Ye instead.

It only took half a year for everything to return to normal. SID remains as a special unit in Metropolitan Police. After all there are still many unresolved supernatural cases. Most of this case was put into the category of cold cases in ordinary police departments. These kinds of cases were passed to the SID unit keeping Yi Zheng and Li Xing busy for another half of the year. Xu Lun still works for Xie Ye but because his boss chose to retire, his former duties of gathering intelligence reports change to gathering information about famous honeymoon spots and dating spots to visit. Yun Li still works for the institute as he loves the library of that place. He also helps with his lover's errand in listing a travel schedule for the honeymoon of their bosses. This couple is together most of the time as well, in the library.

Gui Lan and Xie Ye's wedding was finally scheduled to be done in the first week of the new year. It was just a few days after new years as Xie Ye could no longer wait. He even wanted to marry Gui Lan even without the ceremony and pulled the latter the next day after they've retired. Before Gui Lan was tired of the nightly exercise that day, Xie Ye had to carry him on his arm as they ventured to the place called the Civil Bureau. Xie Ye wanted their marriage to be concluded even without the ceremony. The staff of the Civil Bureau who didn't know the couple even thought that the beautiful lazy man was kidnapped and forced to marry this cold handsome man. Old Man Ke heard the news on the same day and immediately reported it to the president. Gui Shi almost beat up Xie Ye when he heard that he brought his sleeping son to the Bureau's office and asked his half asleep son to sign those papers.

Their lives continue until the next year.

When the new year comes, a few days later a big wedding with the president in entourage broadcasted his only son's wedding ceremony. This ceremony is so grand and luxurious as the two men who will be getting married are the heroes who decimated a large syndicate called Inferno. The marriage was recorded in history as the wedding of the century. Right after the wedding Gui Lan and Xie Ye left the country to roam around the world. Following them are their guide and subordinates, Yun Li and Xu Lun, who created the whole schedule of this long journey and the other couple who join for fun, Yi Zheng and Li Xing.

They've roamed around the world. From famous honeymoon spots, famed dating spots, to scenic gardens and beaches, rainforest to desserts and even took the adventure of visiting forbidden zones. it took them ten years to finish this action packed, thrilling and almost life threatening journey of their lives.

After finishing this adventure, Yi Zheng and Li Xing retired from the unit and passed their mantle to the next generation after them. These couples remained in the central city and lived a normal life in their middle age years until they got old. Yun Li and Xu Lun also left the institute to continue serving Gui Lan and Xu Lun as always. Gui Lan and Xie Ye went treasure hunting after their honeymoon as Gui Lan hates boredom more than anything. Xie Ye made sure to complete all of his wife's requests and never left his side the whole time...