Chapter 138 - 5.39 First Violet Star - The Man In Dark Green Robe

Dawn.

The night is slowly receding as the sky unhurriedly turns bright. Within the dense forest of the north territory, a huge golden furred lion is sprinting at inhuman speed. This lion is Shizi in his beast form. He had instantly transformed and run as if his life at stake back to their tribe's camp. He needed to report to Xuebao about what happened to Meizhou. It didn't take while for his sudden return to cause commotion. As soon as the Solune Tribe's men saw him, they all surrounded him.

"Shizi?"

"Hey! Shizi is back!"

"Only Shizi!?"

"Where are the rest?"

"Shizi, where are the rest of the tribesmen?"

The tribesmen come from all corners blocking Shizi's way inside the cave. This chaos was heard by the elders and other authorities of the tribe even when Xuebao and Sheya had come out.

An elder yelled, "Order! Let Shizi pass through. The tribe leader wanted to see him!"

The disorderly crowd finally stopped gathering when they heard the tribe's elder's shout. They step aside, allowing Shizi to pass through. Shizi walked the empty space with huge strides. Before he entered the cave, Shizi bowed his head to the elder that helped him escape the commotion.

"Sigh~ you can report to us old men later. Meet the tribe leader first." said the elder.

Shizi replied, "I would, elder." then he went inside to meet with Xuebao.

Within the Inner Chambers,

Shizi met Sheya who welcomed him with a hug.

Sheya said, "Um~ Welcome back."

"I'm home. Is the sire awake?" asked Shizi.

"He just woke up saying something is making him feel restless. Speak carefully his mood swings and morning sickness during pregnancy had started." whispered Sheya.

Shizi nodded before entering the innermost space in the cave. Upon entering they were welcomed with a room covered in thick fur mats and blankets. The floor and corners of the area were specially padded. At the center is a layered cotton floor mattress that was especially made for pregnant female tribesmen. This is something Meizhou had personally prepared for his wife.

Xuebao is lazily leaning at the bed. There is no emotion on his face. Even his usual mischievous smile was gone, there was instinctive vigilance in his eyes when he saw Shizi. Female beastmen get defensive when undergoing pregnancy. They would normally avoid meeting with someone as they had a tendency of attacking others when they are pregnant. During the months of pregnancy the only one who could approach him or touch him without getting attacked is his husband. Xuebao's current state is controlled which is why even though he is pregnant he could meet with others but his mood is usually bad when meeting someone.

Xuebao's eyes squinted when he smelled the strong scent of blood on Shizi. Within those sky tinted eyes was hidden excitement after smelling the scent of rust. Once Sheya and Shizi notice his eyes glinting for a moment they've stiffen. They felt cold sweat appearing on their backs when they met those dangerous eyes. Xuebao's current gaze made them feel small and pressured. As if an extremely powerful being is eyeing on them.

When Xuebao saw the arriving couple flinched, he averted his eyes to allow them to calm down. During pregnancy it's a bit hard for him to control his hidden desires. For someone like him who loves destruction after his husband, the scent on blood coming from Shizi made him excited for a moment. His fists were itching to destroy something to calm the raging beast in his heart.