Chapter 183 - 6.43 Third Green Star - Are You An Enemy?

The journey towards the nearby rainforest only took 3 hours. It was just near the boundary of District Z and District X.

Reaching the entrance of the forest, they were welcomed by the towering trees. It's height could almost rival a 3 floor building. The plants and bushes were abundant and large. Even the grasses could almost reach their waists.

It is as if the whole forest and including everything in it had mutated during the apocalypse. For soldiers who were sensitive to danger, they could vaguely feel uneasiness just at the sight of the forest.

Everyone was surprised to see such weird and magical scenery. Except for Ximen Xueya and Cao Junye who remained calm most of the time, the rest were stunned by such huge changes in the forest.

Xu Lin spoke, "Isn't this forest too strange? Why did all the trees grow that much tall?"

"During the first phase of the apocalypse, lots of changes had been made. Like how humans were given trials to be able to awaken special abilities, trees were given an ability to grow beyond norms and animals mutated.

Moreover, after the blood rain not only zombies benefited, a sudden surge in growth of plants and trees had taken place even animals had either turned into a zombie or furtherly mutated.

Isn't Oreo the clear proof of it?" said Ximen Xueya.

Cao Junye responded, "That seems true. Oreo used to be just an overgrown puppy and it can even spit fire."

Oreo also upgraded during the blood rain, after Baby Chino had accidentally fed it with a level 3 fire crystal, it gained the ability to control fire. At first they thought that Oreo would die after eating a crystal from the zombies.

"Chi-chan come over here for a bit!" calls Xueya to his son.

Ximen Chino being carried on the back of Oreo had come over after hearing his daddy calling for him. Oreo calmly walks over towards his master's daddy. It's careful steps were obvious to anyone's eyes.

The mutated dog called Oreo is clearly intelligent after being forcibly brushed his teeth from biting a dirty human before, it already knew that his master's daddy hates dirty things. It walks carefully avoiding the dust to fly around.

Chino cheerfully speaks, "Daddy~ Chi-chan is here~"

Ximen Xueya carried his son to his arms and touching his earring a pile of full body clothing, boots and gloves appeared in thin air surprising everyone in the crowd. There are also a few boxes with bug repellant spray.

"Wang Lei, Shi Moye distribute the protective clothing set to everyone. Those clothes were made with special materials which prevent things from creating outside contact with anything. It has defensive features to some extent. The forest had many unknown dangers. There would be numerous poisonous plants. Wear those and spray the repellant all over you." said Xueya who then pulled his husband with him creating a wall of ice.

This blocks everyone's sight. They knew that the family of three were going to change their clothes as well. Seeing this Wang Lei and Shi Moye start issuing orders.

Wang Lei yells out, "Line up. Take a full set each!"

"Yes, sir!"

Shi Moye and Yun Suisen went to the box and checked on the instructions inside. It seems that the repellant spray is harmless against humans. They could freely use it without being afraid.

Yun Suisen, Baize and Xu Lin help with the distribution of the repellant.

"Spray all over your body including the head, neck and face. Just be careful of your eyes and mouth. Just in case don't directly breathe it in!" said Shi Moye.