Chapter 196 - 6.56 Third Green Star - Back To The Base

After leaving the forest with everyone, they've returned to the base only to be welcomed with zombies blocking their paths. The number of zombies isn't much but it easily passes hundreds in counting.

Thankfully, they didn't ride in their car and flew over instead by using the phoenix and two golden eagles as the mount. The rest of their tamed beasts were temporarily put inside Xueya's dimensional space. After mutation, the size of each bird enlarges enough to compete with a small jet plane. This is especially true when it comes to the size of the mythical bird phoenix.

In the beginning, everyone thought they were seeing things, with the difference of height of the sky to the ground all they could only see at the beginning were countless moving black spots. Only when they've lowered the altitude of their mount's flying space that they've seen their base destroyed and zombies roaming all over.

Yun Suisen and Xu Lin's faces turned ashen at such a sight. The former couldn't hold on enough and puke while on air.

Pukes~, "What the hell? Too many zombies. So disgusting!!! Argh~," said Yun Suisen. Su Liye is patting his back gently while Shi Moye is softly rubbing his chest to calm him down.

Su Liye spoke, "Dear, do you want water?" He offered bottled water from his backpack.

Yun Suisen nods and drinks from the uncapped bottled water Su Liye had passed to him. Meanwhile, Shi Moye took out candy from his pocket and gave it to his wife as well.

"T-Thank you, husbands," said Yun Suisen.

Not far from him Xu Lin almost rolled his eyes upon seeing this number of zombies he had only seen in zombies.

"A'Xu, don't faint. Get used to it. Just think of them as scarecrows!" said Baize who supported him behind.

Xu Lin glared at his insensitive system with tears at the corner of his eyes and retorted.

"Scarecrow your ass! Scarecrows don't have rotten skin, bloodied face, or missing body parts. Fuck! I saw one with hanging eyes!" said Xu Lin from stress.

Hahaha~

Baize laughed hearing his host's reaction. Obviously, he is so afraid of zombies but tried to pass things in a joking manner especially scolding him to ease his fear.

Moreover, some of the zombies had high levels ranging from level 2 to 3. Not only that, some of the faces of these high leveled zombies were familiar to some of them. A few were even wearing soldier's uniforms while attacking them. Moreover, the direction these zombies came from is exactly the location where the Hope Base is. From above they could still see some traces of fire and even the thick smoke hasn't completely faded yet.

Wang Lei asked their general, "Sir, what should we do?" but like Yun Suisen and Xu Lin, his calmness remained the same as always.

Cao Junye didn't reply right away, instead of moving his head and looked at his wife within his embrace. His purple eyes were asking Ximen Xueya what he wanted to do next.

"I have bombs and grenades, but don't use them within the base, only outside the gates. There are underground facilities under the place, if there are survivors they must be hiding them with Lou Lan" said Ximen Xueya.

Once Lou Lan's name was mentioned Wang Lei's initial calmness had disappeared.

"Why is A'Lan here?!!" asked Wang Lei.

Ximen Xueya glanced at him expressionlessly yet still answered his question. "I left him back at the base after we left. The last destroyer is hiding in this place. I told him to keep an eye on the suspects," he said.