Chapter 59 - 3.17 Second Small Star - Before The Storm

Meng Lan had gone missing for a few days. He didn't go home for a week and never called even once. Meng Huang finally felt something happened to Meng Lan which is why he visited his son at the company.

Upon entering the CEO office he saw his precious son seated on Mo Yijun's lap naturally while doing his work. With the latter's arms wrapped around Anya's waist hugging him from the back, they were talking about work.

​​

A project about Anyi City which used to be called the underground city.

Meng Huang with a dark face, fuming in anger, "D-Damn brat! L-Let go of my precious son!" said the doting father of Meng Anya upon entering the CEO office.

The couple just looked at the fuming figure of their father with innocent expressions on their faces saying, 'Why are you here?'. When the old man saw such mirrored expressions on the couple made him get more angry.

Meng Huang, "An'er get off him. Else you'll have to be separated until your marriage day!"

Hearing such convincing threats from the childish old man of theirs, the two can only reluctantly separate from each other.

After all it took a long time before they formally convinced this old man to accept their engagement. Though the minister's secret visit had more substantial effect when he came over to talk to Meng Huang and Xue Ling formally asking for Meng Anya to be engaged to his only legitimate son, Mo Yijun. As for the content of their adult conversation the couple of course knew thanks to the surveillance system Galaxia who allowed them to watch the live feed of these adult's conversations.

To summarize the conversation, the Prime Minister had sold his son, Mo Yijun to Meng Anya. He promised to give everything owned by the Minister's house to Anya after the two got married. Except for the minister position reserve for Mo Yijun almost everything was presented to Anya as a dowry by this Prime Minister. Of course, at the beginning Meng Huang is not willing to let his son be with Mo Yijun.

At first he thought that the boy lied to him as Mo Yijun never told him that he was the hidden lord of the underworld whom he made business with a few more times in the past. Meng Huang had always thought that the Lord of underworld to be an dangerous old man, never would he have expected it to be the same young man who instantly replied to his issued task 'Looking for the strongest bodyguard'.

He should have thought it through. After having business with the underworld, the latter side never accepted his tasks on the same day he issued it. It usually took a few days or a week before his task got approved. Only for that last task of looking for his darling son's bodyguard that the underworld had replied immediately. Much less for the real lord to come over his house playing the role of his darling son's bodyguard himself.

If his brother-in-law, Xue Ling didn't talk to him over the intimate relationship of the children and that his darling son loves Mo Yijun a lot. He would never accept the offered engagement of this treacherous Prime Minister who had a deep rooted crush towards his own wife. Tsk! He knew what kind of obsession this old bastard feels towards his deceased wife. If this man didn't treat his darling son as his most precious one in the world, he wouldn't allow this man to live.

It took a few days before their engagement was officiated. But their marriage was postponed as they still needed to find the missing Meng Lan who suddenly disappeared after that day Mo Yijun confronted Cao Junzi almost making the latter the last eunuch in China. The couple knew where Meng Lan is, using the Surveillance System Galaxia, but Meng Anya is not willing to save him.

Within the three chances he had given Meng Lan, two of it had been used up. First is when he schemed to steal their company and second is when he had planned to gang rape his elder brother. He only had one chance left to make an action that would convince Meng Anya to spare him. Not helping him is Anya's decision, he wanted to see how Meng Lan would move when the person he loves still wanted to hurt Meng Anya. Whether he will choose his family or the person he loves.