Chapter 175 - 6.35 Third Green Star - The Bastard Liu Ling

The journey was long and hard but everyone had bitterly suffered in silence of suffering. Being fed by dog food for long hours almost made those inside the same car as the general and Master Ximen gone crazy.

The soldiers from the other cars were not spared as the shameless couple was stuck together, inseparable while fighting with zombies. Everyone chooses tacitly to ignore the shameless couple not to be drowned by dog food.

Meanwhile in Hope Base.

Shi Moye has been suffering from a headache ever since he and his team returned back to the base after looking for resources and meeting Su Liye and his team. The problem had exceeded just him leaving the base without telling anyone to persecute Su Liye from killing someone from the base.

Killing. Yes, Su Liye had indeed killed someone. The dead man's name is Liu Ling. It was the same person who took his family away from the city where they lived.

After hearing what kind of man this Liu Ling is, Su Liye made his plan. At first he and his team pretended to be just ordinary instead of telling everyone that most of them were mercenaries.

This is an event that happened few days ago after the blood rain.

Then they lingered at the mission hall. As expected Liu Ling of the Dawn Team had been invited to join them during one of their missions. Su Liye and two more awakened members of their team tried acting like newly awakened ability users.

Pretending to be weaklings, Su Liye had successfully baited this man called Liu Ling including his Dawn Team. After hearing what kind of person Liu Ling is from both Shi Moye and Yun Suisen, he made this plan and tried to get Liu Ling out of the base and interrogate him about what happened to his family. He had only done this because he couldn't accept the fact or possibility that his family is no longer around.

After successfully joining temporarily in the Dawn Team, with his other two men, during one of their missions. Su Liye and his men finally realized that the rumors about this man Liu Ling is indeed true! In the Mission Hall, the Dawn Team had invited not only the three of them who were pretending as newly awakened ability users, another two more real just awakened ability users had been invited to join as well.

The mission the Dawn Team had accepted is just gathering some resources in Y District. This district is well-known for having orchards. There are different kinds of fruit trees and bushes growing in this place. They were tasked to get some seeds in this area. Shi Moye and Yun Suisen had issued farming to solve their never ending problems with regards to food.

The regressor Shi Moye, who has memories of the future knew that the land would once again become fertile after the Blood Rain. It seems that aside from upgrading zombies, the world had given the human's a chance of survival. Mutated animals can be eaten. Land becomes fertile. Even sea creatures can be eaten as most of them have mutated instead of becoming zombies.

Though mutated creatures are stronger and more intelligent than normal animals, their meat was nutritious and full of energy that allowed the ability to upgrade even more. This is why the leader of Z District Base had issued a mission to gather seeds after the blood rain.

In the beginning the original members of the Dawn Team were acting kind like they were a group of benevolent people. This is especially true about Liu Ling who even used his former job as a police officer to capture the hearts of the two newly awakened ability users.

Watching the two listen to Liu Ling's glib mouth and give the bastard a worshipping gaze that Su Liye almost couldn't stop himself from coming over and beating up that bastard. Only when they've reached the Y District and experience a zombie siege do Liu Ling and his team show their true colors.