Chapter 83 - 4.20 Third Blue Star - Special Officer

With the help of Hei Lan's ability, Li Xing and Yi Zheng had successfully obtained proof that the reaper is able to steal abilities from his victimized espers. He got full control over the ability he got.

Li Xing spoke, "My speculations were now half proven. If we had invited Sir Hei on the day you found the body we would have known the reaper's appearance as well. Sadly we are unlucky."

​​

"Blame me for it, Xing'er. I shouldn't have hesitated." said Yi Zheng.

"It's no one's fault A'Zhe. It's ill-fated. Let's focus on the plan first." replied Li Xing as he gestured to his lover to speak.

Yi Zheng nodded to his lover before moving his gaze to Hei Lan.

"Sir Hei. I have an offer to make. I wanted to ask you to become SID's special officer." said Yi Zheng.

"Are you sure? I'm an unstable person~" responded Hei Lan. There's even a playful smile on his face.

Clearly, Li Xing and Yi Zheng knew about Hei Lan's unstable mindset. Not only does he have a Borderline Personality Disorder, he is even a certified distempered psychopath. The two could only ask for help from the one person who had the strength to stop this man's berserk state. They were staring at Xie Ye with pleading eyes, this is especially true for Yi Zheng, this silly puppy of their former group.

Xie Ye only raised an eyebrow to those begging gaze and then averted his eyes to look at Hei Lan. Observing this man quietly.

Thoughts of Xie Ye: 'Yi Zheng is right. This person is a bit like Lan'er, but my Lan'er doesn't act like a seductress. This man's every gesture gives away the feeling of temptation. A simple fluttering of his eyelashes can cause someone's heartbeat chaotic, sultry gaze that captivates even one's soul and an indolent posture as if a demonic fox parading his alluring self. Would my pure, calm and aloof Lan'er grew up into this?! I don't believe it. They are just similar but this is not my Lan'er!'

With a mischievous and tempting smile on his face, "Why would this handsome sir here stare at me like that? Am I good looking?" teasingly asked Hei Lan.

Hei Lan's obvious flirting seems to have hit a stone wall this time. A very thick one. Xie Ye's emotions remained unmoved in spite of Gui Lan full bloom temptation. His face had the calmness of a dormant volcano. Unmoved by anything unless he wishes so. His gaze was fierce as a lion watching over his prey. Calculating and menacing.

"No. I am here to psychoanalyze you. But for someone who is supposed to have the ability to venture into the field of affinity, you don't seem to be the type to show compassion towards others. You have full control over your emotions. Even the expression you show is directly under command. It seems that I was called here for nothing then." said Xie Ye.

Hei Lan looked at him as if he was quite entertained by his words as there's a cunning smile on his face. "I am pretty sure that you were not called here to take control of me nor help me simmer down my emotions every time I use my ability. I have no need for that. Your job is to stop me during my wild precariousness."

Xie Ye and Hei Lan stared down at each other. Neither is willing to concede to the other and so they had a google show down for a few minutes. One remained smiling while the other remained indifferent. The rest of the people in the room were watching them in silence. They could even imagine a black clouds converging between the two. In the end one of them lost.

The cold faced man clicked his tongue, disgruntled.

Moved his gaze, "I will only prevent him from dying." said Xie Ye.

Hei Lan averted his eyes back to his tea cup, "Well then I will agree with the offered position as well."

As their words of agreement Li Xing and Yi Zheng's faces were beaming with a bright smile. They were delighted with the events that unfolds before them. Only Professor Sen watches the whole affair as if watching a play. A play casted by Hei Lan according to his script.