Chapter 198 - 6.58 Third Green Star - Peaceful Days Are Ending

At the Ximen Mountain.

Everyone had just finished eating dinner with everyone. The survivors after getting registered were given a place to live. They were told to get used to the place for three days.

After that short vacation, their task would be sent to their home. Everyone was given a residence to stay within the territory of Ximen. Cao Junye carried their asleep son within his embrace while holding his wife's hand on the other. They were taking their time as they walked back to their home.

At the peak of the Ximen mountain, a traditional contemporary mansion stood. The scenery nearing the peak of the landscape is limited but the place was renovated to create a hidden paradise. The mansion at the top creates a modern touch surrounded by trees. There's a courtyard and a garden just outside the house. It's a luxury that could only be seen before the apocalypse.

They've entered the house and made preparations to sleep. It was already close to midnight when the family had reached home. They've placed the sleeping bun, Chino, in his room. Zhi Yue in his system form stayed in the young master's room to look after the boy while the general and his wife stayed in the master's bedroom.

Master's bedroom.

The couple was lying on a king-sized bed, Cao Junye and Ximen Xueya cuddling together as they had always done. They've spent most of their time like this. Serene and tranquil.

It was Xueya who broke the silence, "My love. After this world, I would send our Xiao Jing to the Mo Family home. My uncle and family wanted to see him."

"...I see. I don't mind. I wanted to be the one to bring over Xiao Jing to my in-laws but my state isn't perfect yet." said Cao Junye while hugging his wife tightly within his embrace.

"There is no need to worry. We could go home together after we finished your business," said Xueya, who also spoke about his worries with his other half. "I only worry about Xiao Jing's safety. Thankfully uncle noticed and would send someone to pick up our baby."

Cao Junye stayed silent every time Ximen Xueya mentioned his uncle.

"..."

"You don't have to feel pressured. Even though we haven't married officially, we already have Xiao Jing. My family isn't scary like those rumors. I wouldn't say it's a lie either but... since I have chosen you, my family would accept you unconditionally." said Xueya while smiling at Junye.

The general didn't reply with words and only nodded his head in agreement. He buried his face at the creaks of his wife's neck and smelled the familiar aroma of sweetness and peppermint. It was this scent that always accompanies him in his solace. Ximen Xueya indulges his husband's stickiness as always. Always pampering and forever affectionate.

"Baby~ there is something I wanted to say," whispered Cao Junye to his wife's ears.

The ticklish feeling left by his husband's breathing and captivating voice made Xueya tremble for a moment. But he didn't forget to reply to his lover, "W-What is it?" he asked.

"In the next two worlds, I won't wake up," answered Cao Junye.

Ximen Xueya was stunned by what he heard. The meaning of his husband's words is clear. It means that in the next two worlds, Ye Xiajie won't wake up.

Bewildered for a second, Ximen Xueya couldn't help but ask, "Why?"

"I need to solidify my soul. To do that I need to concentrate on meditation for two worlds, after which I would be able to accompany the following worlds as Ye Xiajie," explained Cao Junye.