Chapter 93 - 4.30 Third Blue Star - Serene Evening

With Gui Lan on the group the preparations for the plans were completed ahead of time. Gui Clan had given them their full support and manpower under Gui Lan's orders. Even though Gui Lan was under the lead of Xie Ye, the highest authority in the clan is still Gui Lan. As long as the young master returned to the family, all the elders, even the prime minister, followed his command without question. This is a bit different when Xie Ye was taking the lead. There are still a bit of skirmishes here and there for Xie Ye's every request but when it comes to Gui Lan no one exists.

But there are some changes that happened when Gui Lan returns to the clan. First is that, his manor behind the institute was given to the Yi Zheng and Li Xing couple because the Prime Minister commanded that Xie Ye and Gui Lan could only live with him in the Gui Mansion. At first Gui Lan didn't want to agree but his lover talked to him about it and the former could only agree to it. Gui Lan actually doesn't mind where he lives as long as Xie Ye is with him. Xie Ye on the other hand only did this because of the promise he made with the prime minister 15 years ago.

------

Evening.

Gui Clan's Mansion.

Dinner time.

In the huge luxurious dinner hall, a long table at the center. On the table a grand, delectable feast was served. Seated on the main seat is the Prime Minister, Gui Shi. On his right is Gui Lan followed by Xie Ye, Yun Li, Xu Lun, Yi Zheng and Li Xing. On his left is Old Man Ke, Ke Lou, Lin Ye and Professor Sen. On the sideline were servants on stand by for orders.

It is a magnificent family dinner with few guests.

Gui Shi lifted his wine glass and said, "This is a small banquet for the return of my son, Gui Lan."

Everyone followed after him and raised their wine glass as well.

"Cheers!"

After a short opening the feast began. Gui Lan was being served with food by both Gui Shi and Xie Ye on his both sides. Gui Lan just ate whatever was placed on his plate without question.

Gui Shi said with a smile, "Xiao Lan dear, papa had the kitchen prepare your favorite grilled salmon. Have some."

Gui Lan chomped on the salmon in his bowl and ate, "Thank you, papa." he replied.

Gui Shi was delighted enough that he almost couldn't stop himself from grinning. He even averted his face immediately as he covered his nose. There's some trails of blood on his hand. Old butler Ke at once passed the tissue to his master to cover up his embarrassing moment.

"My boy is so cute~" murmured Gui Shi, breaking his serious façade as the prime minister. This old man has always dote on his son but the original is no different from the machine. After Gui Lan was changed this is the first time he shared a meal with this awkward old father.

"Master your nose." whispered Old Butler Ke.

Thankfully received the tissue, "Thanks Old Ke." said Gui Shi.

"Lan'er drink some soup for smooth digestion." said Xie Ye who passed a small bowl of soup and help Gui Lan drink it as he held the bowl.

"A'Ye is there a dessert?" asked Gui Lan.

"I've asked them to prepare some mooncake for you. You can only eat it after dinner." replied Xie Ye.

Beside them Yun Li and Xu Lun were eating silently while for some time Yun Li would only need to glance on a certain plate and Xu Lun would serve it near his lover to eat. Ke Lou and Lin Ye this pair is like that as well. Though Ke Lou would tease his wife first before giving him what he wants. Meanwhile the most awkward couple is Yi Zheng and Li Xing. This is the first time they dine with the prime minister much more to eat such luxurious meals before them. They were moving like robots as they served each other and ate their dinner.