Chapter 193 - 6.53 Third Green Star - The Last Destroyer

It's been three whole days since the group lead by the leaders had left the base to head to the forest. Lou Lan had stayed at the base to be the proxy leader while the two were away.

Evening at the District Z. Hope Base.

At the residential area where most survivors live, rows of apartment buildings stood. This area used to be an empty lot before the world ended. The military and the government had used the borrowed money from the Ximen Family to construct these buildings in preparation for the apocalypse.

Now at the time of the apocalypse, these buildings were put to use. Ability users with their teams live in these buildings with their members. They exchange points or zombie crystals to rent these places. Some teams with the greater numbers even rented a whole floor from themselves. On the other hand, ordinary unawakened ability users or ordinary people could only live in tents provided by the government and military.

The base provides food and necessities for everyone in the base in exchange for labor. The abilities users would complete missions for rewards while ordinary people were able to eat every day in exchange for simple tasks like sweeping, watering plants in greenhouses, or carpentry.

As long as they do some task, they would be rewarded with points which could be exchanged for food and many other things. Life in the base is simple yet stable. Except for the zombies outside the walls, the survivors inside the base live their daily ordinary lives.

Unfortunately, peace didn't last long. Children and the elderly started suffering from fever for an unknown reason. Those who went to the hospital say that it's only an ordinary hay fever and can be cured with antibiotics.

The civilians had calmed down but the fever had spread vigorously within the base. Now even level 1 to 2 ability users started suffering from fever. It didn't take a while for chaos to arise within the base. In the end, the simple hay fever had become rampant.

Now that the leaders, Cao Junye and Ximen Xueya, are not in the base. This commotion had become the proxy leader Lou's responsibility but for some reason, there is no response from Lou Lan at all. It is because of this that the survivors started complaining about the base's current leadership and began to compile some complaints to the main office. But the main office remains silent the whole time.

Some courageous survivors started rioting and putting the entrance of the main office on fire. The ability users whose families were affected by the pandemic joined the uproar causing chaos in front of the main office of the leaders. They were quite fearless knowing that none of the two leaders were at the base and only a proxy remained to supervise. What they didn't know was that this proxy leader, Lou Lan, was given orders not to interfere in this kind of event.

Cao Junye and Ximen Xueya knew that the moment they left the base, someone who had hidden within the crowd would incite disorder in the base. They've expected this and made some plans for this type of situation. But what they are planning to do is to bait the unknown danger hidden among the crowd. The last destroyer.

While the rioting outside continued, some people remained on the sidelines and just watched. They were waiting for the real leaders to return. Only when the general and his lover come home that everything would return to normal. Most of the bystanders in this event are those who were well exposed to political confrontations. They already knew that someone was pulling the strings and incited those civilians to attack the main office of the leaders. They wanted to wane the authority the great general and his wife held.

At the Yun Clan's place, Yun Lu had just put his son, Yun Ren, to sleep. His son had been suffering from the same kind of fever as the rest. After changing the fever patch on Yun Ren's forehead and wrapping him into a thick blanket, Yun Lu finally took a breath of relief seeing his son's complexion slowly turning to normal.