Chapter 32 - 2.4 Third Small Star - Empty Heart

Hospital.

Wu Xue's former room.

​​

Left behind by Yue Wuya, Wan Lengya could only stand there in dazed. The nurses looked at him worriedly as his face turned ashen with shock.

"Sir, is everything alright?" asked by the nurses.

Taking a deep breath as if he's extremely tired, Lengya took a second before answering.

Sigh~

"Yes, there is no problem. Would it be alright for me to stay here for a moment?" replied Wan Lengya leaving the nurses bewildered before they reluctantly nodded their heads and left the room staring at him with confusion in their eyes.

As he was left alone inside the room, Wan Lengya dragged a chair and sat by the opened window looking at the full bloomed plum blossoms scenery. This was the scene Wu Xue wanted to see that day. Wan Lengya was in daze as if he was in his deep thoughts while unconsciously grabbing at his chest above his heart.

The throbbing pain within is like a proof that he lost something extremely significant. He was pondering what's wrong until he heard soft childish voices just outside the opened door.

'Oh~ I told you the Fairy had left.'

'But the fairy said he will leave us some snacks in his room after he goes.'

'There is someone else in the room. How could we sneak inside?'

'Yea~ he looks so scary. Cold as ice. The fairy said he is a demon king.'

'What should we do now?'

'What to do?'

Hearing their dialogue, Wan Lengya truly noticed a bag hidden by the corner of the bed. Clumsily hidden, the bag is filled with snacks which children enjoy. It seems that these children were leeching sweets at Wu Xue's room when the former is still around.

After all, that person loves to eat sweet things, thinking about this little cute hobby of Wu Xue, Lengya's lips unconsciously upturned. As if he thought of something, Wan Lengya took the bag of snacks and went to where the children are.

He lowered himself on their height level and went down on one knee.

"If you could answer a few questions I will give all these to you guys in exchange." Wan Lengya said as he showed the 3 children before him the snack filled bag Wu Xue left intended for them.

"Ah~ but that's what the fairy left for us~"

"The demon king is bullying. You can't take what the fairy left for us."

"Snacks~ sweets~"

As if the children were unafraid of his cold demeanor, Lengya couldn't help but asked, "Are you not... afraid of me?" the children looked at him with a cute confused expression on their faces.

[? ? ?] [Three Bewildered Little Devils]

"Why...? ~ the evil fairy said that the demon king only looks cold outside but is warm inside."

"That's right, the fairy never lies. He's voice is so amazing too."

"Yes~ when he sings the sounds is like you're in heaven, but it feels sad~ Do you want to see? I've secretly recorded it once. You must never tell the fairy, or he'll get angry."

Wan Lengya nodded his head. Then he watched the children brought out a tablet and played a single recording. Based on the angle of the video, it seem to be recorded secretly without Wu Xue knowing. Within the screen Wu Xue was looking at the window watching the plum blossom blooms.