Chapter 173 - 6.33 Third Green Star - Human Nature

After leaving District W, a set of cars move along the road passing through the X District and notice that there's a road blockage of numerous dismantled cars. Clearly the obstruction von the road is manmade. Some soldiers with strengthening abilities went down the cars intending to clear up the road.

Only for bullets to fly all over them, soldiers who awakened strengthening abilities didn't mean they could block bullets with their skins right away. Only when they've reached a higher level that bullets would no longer affect them.

Unfortunately, only Uncle Wu is a level 3 Strengthening ability user. The bullets just left some bruises on his skin as it could no longer pierced him.

Uncle Wu yelled, "Hide! It's an ambush. Soldiers, return fire!"

They are still people in the military, there is no way they wouldn't have guns. The soldiers brought out their own guns and returned fire to the direction where the bullets came. Loud gunfire and metal clashing echoes in the whole area. There are some mixed human screams as if telling the others that they've got hit by bullets.

There is no way civilians could confront trained soldiers from the military when the soldiers jumped out of their cars and started marching forward and the enemies suddenly turned into disarray.

"NO! Don't come over!"

"Fuck off! Fuck off!"

"We came here first! WE ARE FIRST!"

"This is our place. Go away!!!"

Mixed voices of males and females were heard mixed with the sound of guns and metals clashing. These survivors are definitely civilians who had robbed a police warehouse for their handguns and weapons. It is because of this that they were frightened by the newly arrived group wearing military Camo.

Suddenly from the Alpha Unit, Lieutenant Wang went down the car.

"CEASE FIRE!" his voice is commanding that both sides had halted their bullets exchange.

Wang Lei approached the group of civilians by the order of the general. The Alpha Unit had obediently lowered their weapons but kept their vigilance high up. They've all saluted towards Wang Lei collectively.

"Salute! We've stopped, Lieutenant!"

Wang Lei returned the salute and looked at the hiding civilians at the side of the road hiding behind some man made walls.

"I am Lieutenant Wang Lei from the Alpha Unit. Direct command under General Cao. We are on our way to Z District where the Allied Military-Government Base is located!! Come out!!"

"L-Lieutenant! G-G-General!!?"

"Fuck! They are officials!"

"What should we do?"

"Are they here to catch us?"

"NO. no. They should be. The world had ended already. Laws are useless."

"They are enemies. ENEMIES."

"They want to take our food."

"Tell the others!"

Hearing that the situation had just gotten worse, Wang Lei's face turned gloomy.

"Grab them! But don't hurt any!" he ordered.

The soldiers uniformly replied, "Yes, Sir!" before moving towards the civilians to stop them from acting foolish and going against the law.

Almost all of the soldiers had run off to capture those civilians. What was left behind were only cars and the center hummer full of people. Inside the customized car, Cao Junye is holding his sleeping son. Ximen Xueya is silently enjoying some iced milk tea from his space. He didn't forget to share it with everyone in the car.