Chapter 115 - 5.16 First Violet Star - Infighting

The decision of Xuebao and Meizhou to look for a huge cave in preparation for the snowstorm during the winter season have been approved by the tribe leader and all elders in the Lune Tribe. But there are some conditions attached to it. First, Meizhou and Xuebao must lead the hunting group consisting of male warriors as well as the gathering team made of female beastmen.

The gathering team would follow Tuzi and Xiong commands while half of the warriors are to protect the gathering team no matter what. The second in command in the hunting team would be Warrior Lang and Warrior Laohu. Doctor Sheya and his apprentices would join the gathering team and look for herbs at the same time.

The other half of the hunting team would listen to Warrior Meizhou and facilitate this team to look for wild beasts while scouting the area. But among the group, Xuebao's authority is the highest. During incidental encounters with savage beasts everyone is entitled to follow Xuebao's command without question. The reason for this is because among everyone in the group Xuebao is able to differentiate the savage beasts and also knows the weakness of each kind.

The goals of this huge hunting group are two. First is to gather enough food for winter and Second, Xuebao needs to look for a cave they could use during the snowstorm. The elders asked the first goal to be prioritized but Xuebao chose the second one as his priority.

At dawn.

Everyone in the team was provided by the hunting clothes and gears, Tuzi and the other craftsmen of the tribe had prepared overnight. Every warrior was asked to wear the fully clothed camouflage uniform Xuebao first wore during his first hunting. But this time there are some padded lining above their vitals for extra protection. They were equipped with hardened wood shields and sharpened stone knives. Some had hammers or spears with them as well.

In front of the team Meizhou stood straight and firm as a mountain. His clothes were unlike the others. He didn't have the same camouflage pattern as the rest. Instead his clothes were given a design of a jaguar melanistic shade with white cobwebs pattern on it. On his shoulder a petite young man wearing the opposite color of what Meizhou is wearing sat above him.

This young man is Xuebao. He is wearing a snow leopard pattern. Pure white overall clothes with light grey spotted patterns on it. Obviously these two leaders were wearing what you call a couple clothes. This is a personal ordered hunting clothes from Xuebao to Tuzi last night. But unlike Meizhou who is holding a spear in his possession, Xuebao only has a pair of twin short blades hanging on his side.

Everyone could hear Xuebao humming within the silence area.

Humming~

Meizhou stabbed his spear beside him as he held his chosen female's thigh which are hanging on his shoulders. He could even wrap his large hands around his female's slim ankles.

"Are you happy, Bao'er?" asked Meizhou, unlike his usual cold tone, his voice was made gentle and tender whenever he spoke with his beloved.

"Hum~ I have a feeling that my luck today would be good~~ Hehe~" replied Xuebao as played with his husband's hair which is now soft thanks to the homemade hair treatments he prepared for them. There's even a scent of mint added in it.

Meizhou took his beloved's hand and landed a kiss on it, "As long as you're happy." he said with a doting gaze.

Within this whole month as a tribe leader's proxy, many things were invented thanks to Xuebao's ideas. The sewage system was planned to be developed after the snow storm. He had invented necessities like homemade shampoos, conditioners and soap which the female beastmen ended up liking. Some men who like cleanliness like Doctor Sheya had welcomed this product with open arms. He even taught them how to make cheese, butter and other dairy products which made the cooking evolve to another level.