Chapter 155 - 6.15 Third Green Star - End Of The World

Within the City.

The sound of gunshots were heard all over the place. There are some streak of lights made with different elements flying over the herds of undead before them. The group of humans fighting the zombies were all wearing uniform camo on them. Clearly these men were soldiers under the military.

Despite them trying to control the crowd, the panic around them is already out of control. Moreover, the soldiers had another task to fulfill. They aren't here to save the civilians. They were on their way to the State Palace and Minister's place to check on the two highest authorities within the country.

On the main road within the city, soldiers were in formation while on the top of the cars. There are some who clear the road and some who try to save people but they have never once stopped to pick up people for saving. Their current priority is currently different.

The car at the center is a hammer driven by Wang Lei. Inside the car is Cao Junye, Lou Lan, Uncle Wu and two more soldiers whose task is to protect their general. As the leader of the unit, the car where Cao Junye is in was placed at the center where it is the safest.

Wang Lei spoke, "Uncle Wu! Are you sure? That a message from the State Palace and Minister's place says that both the two old leaders didn't survive!?"

"Yes. I've triple checked with them. But their signal was suddenly cut off. Before it was cut off the sound of running, glass breaking as well as gun shots resounds from the line. They must be fleeing that time when they've asked for reinforcement."

"But the call had been made 30 minutes ago right? Are they still alive?" asked Lou Lan.

Once he asked this the atmosphere in the area had turned dark. Everyone knew the meaning of Lou Lan's word. Half an hour had already passed since the last call and they still needed 20 minutes to reach the state palace. The Minister Place is even farther. They had to make a choice which to save first.

Everyone in the car had moved their gaze on their leader, Cao Junye. His expression remains calm and unmoved during this kind of situation as if he no longer cares about anything now that the world has ended. Of course this is something not only Wang Lei had noticed but everyone from their unit does.

After waking up from their trials everyone from the unit under General Cao had waited for their leader to finish his. When he woke up his reaction after knowing the current situation of the State Palace and Minister's Palace had not caused any changes in his expression. There is only calmness and indifference left on his face.

But after observing their General there isn't much difference in his out appearance. Well except for the obviously weird white gemstone necklace on his neck, the pair of black gloves on his pair of hands and those new boots on his feet, everything is pretty much the same.

With a dazed expression on his face as he observed the melting Ice barrier around their territory in the sky, General Cao ordered them to gather as soon as possible and took their leave before the ice completely melted. Clearly that ice barrier was made to protect them from the outside while undergoing their trials.

Those who sadly failed had long returned to earth. They had burned their remains and put the name of those soldiers on the prepared urn. This is something everyone had decided. Everyone in this unit including the general had prepared an urn for themselves.

The oath is to kill those who will get infected and get cremated by their comrades. Their ashes would be labeled and hid to safety until the time they could return to this place. Those 80 soldiers who were turned were now just ashes after cremation. It was a sad ending but no one could be blamed for it.