Chapter 185 - 6.45 Third Green Star - Back In The Dimensional Space

After hearing the explanation of Cao Junye, Yun Suisen paled in disbelief. Who would have expected that he would hear something having the cultivation stage of Immortality and meeting one before him.

Immortal God. This is the stage that is just directly below the strongest of all realms. Now this humongous tree in front of them possessed such a heavenly defying creature!? He'll be damned if he still stays here.

Yun Suisen said, "Let's go. Avoid it. Since it's dangerous. We're near the cliff anyway, the blood vines should be growing there somewhere."

"Sigh~ how come you're still a coward." murmured Ximen Xueya.

"I-Its normal."

Ximen Xueya and his husband, Cao Junye exchanged stares before nodding at each other. The general started issuing his next commands.

"Retreat! Avoid the Willow Tree!" Exclaimed Cao Junye.

Everyone else had walked away avoiding even the lightest shaded region of the willow tree. Yun Suisen took the lead with Shi Moye and Su Liye followed by the group of soldiers while their rear was protected by Cao Junye and Ximen Xueya. Their sides were protected by Wang Lei and Baize.

At the end of the line of the group Ximen Xueya is still staring at the Celestial Willow Tree. There's a serious yet indecisive expression on his ethereal face.

"Yue, this tree would allow one to look through his own memories in exchange of life, is that it?" asked Yun Suisen.

This weird question left System Yue bewildered.

[That is indeed right but host... What are you planning to do? It is true that with this tree's help you would be able to look at your sealed memories but you only have one life!?]

Hearing System Yue's explanation, a cold yet meaningful smile appeared on Ximen Xueya's face. It was different from his smile when he is spending time with his husband or son, the smile he shows at this moment left those who could see it a fleeting yet imprinting memory. Both beautiful yet indescribable.

Cao Junye watches his wife with worry and seriousness in his gaze. He would immediately drag Ximen Xueya away the moment he saw him step forward towards that Willow Tree. He knows how dangerous that strange tree is.

"Baby? Let's go?" said Cao Junye as he grabbed Ximen Xueya's hand.

His hand was held as if to comfort him only Xueya knew the firmness and tight hold of Junye's hand to his. He wasn't asking him but telling him to come with him.

Ximen Xueya and Cao Junye stared at each other for a while in silence but everyone around them could feel the tension between them. At first the rest of the group thought there would be a quarrel between the couple only for Ximen Xueya to agree nonetheless.

"Well then let's go. Don't Look so serious. I will listen to you." said Ximen Xueya as he smiled at his husband.

Sighing in relief, Cao Junye kissed his wife's forehead before walking away with others hand in hand. Only Ximen Xueya sneaks a peek at that Willow Tree not knowing what he truly plans to do.

Their journey continues. After avoiding the Celestial Willow Tree, the group had finally found the blood vines from another side of the cliff. It was just across the territory of the Celestial Willow Tree.

There's a manmade old bridge that connects the two separated lands. Clearly, build before the end of the world had arrived. Thankfully there are some mental ability users with them. They helped in strengthening the bridge for everyone to be able to cross it.