Chapter 165 - 6.25 Third Green Star - Jue-ge

The Hope Base was full of tension and quietness. Yun Suisen's words just this afternoon had made everyone realize that the real leader of this base is someone called Ximen Xueya.

The commoners and civilians reacted calmly. To them no matter who the leader is, they don't care as long as they can stay at the base and live here peacefully. They only need to complete the tasks and missions they were given and continue their everyday lives.

Unlike the unconcerned reaction of the civilians, people from the military, the side of the government and clans from the noble line had all taken a hit. A true face slapped from reality. They were too greedy and did most things just so they could take control of the base authority and control with them knowing that they were stealing the things from the devil itself.

Ximen Xueya. The master of the Ximen Family who works as this country's shadow leader. Calling him the shadow leader isn't right. Everyone who had higher positions in both the military and the government knew who had the real power in the country. Both the former State Head and the Prime Minister can be considered a relative of Ximens. After all, the former leaders before them were all of Ximen bloodline. Only when the Ximen Family was left with just Xueya and his son, Chino, that the Ximen Family stopped occupying the peak authority in the country.

But just because Ximen Xueya didn't take the honorable seat of the leadership doesn't mean the Ximen Family had lost its power. When Ximen Old Couple and Old Master were still alive, they already started making preparations to let their subordinates take cover of their standing as the real leader of the country. The former State Head Sun used to be the oldest butler that served the Ximen Family while the Prime Minister Xu, is the Ximen Family's former household accountant before. In short both the Sun and Xu Clans were vassal's that served the Ximen Family. They were both their subordinates and sworn family friends. This is the real reason why the State Head and the Prime Minister doted upon Ximen Xueya. He is really their Master at the same time their nephew is not related by blood.

Since Xueya didn't want to become a public figure, the State head and Prime Minister had made all information about the Ximen Family highly classified. No one but only the two of them could view this information. Even Cao Junye with his General status was allowed to reveal this information. The two old men had chosen Cao Junye as their successor, once they were gone it was planned that Cao Junye would take their place as the leader of the country but his real job is only to protect the Ximen Family. This is the reason for the countless summons the General had received before.

But who would expect that the apocalypse was about to begin and that the successor they had chosen would become interested in the ones he would be protecting in the future. Moreover according to the information they had received, Cao Junye's interest towards his future master isn't normal curiosity but a feeling or emotion beyond interest. This is why these two old men told General Cao that they didn't know where Ximen Mountain was. They wanted to separate the two. But it seems that fate isn't willing to let them go.

After the sun had set and the sky had darkened to pitch black, Shi Moye and Yun Suisen helped Su Liye check on everyone's recorded registration in the base. They were helping him look for his family members and that person who had taken his family out of the house during the apocalypse. They were at the office looking through piles of papers on the table.

After looking through those piles of papers for hours, the three had still not found any of Su Liye's family members' names on the list. The expectations within Su Liye's eyes had dulled with depression. This is the last base in the whole country that accepted ordinary civilians as survivors. Su Liye really felt extremely down with this bad news.

Su Liye murmured, "They are not here either."

"Brother Su don't be sad. We can keep asking the other base about your family members. They might just haven't joined any base yet." said Yun Suisen.