Chapter 75 - 4.12 Third Blue Star - Authority

System's Mind Space.

At the black space with nothing on it, Gui Lan in his real soul appearance is seated on nothing in a lotus position with his eyes closed. He is in a state of meditation. Around him three white crystal stones are hovering around him giving the feeling of pure energy to help cure the soul. These stones are called Soul Stones. These are special stones that can help promote or suppress injuries within a soul. After a few hours one of the white stones crumbles into dust and disappears. It's effect was used up and the host at the center slowly opened his eyes. Unlike his flickering unstable soul state before, his current state is a little better. It's no longer flickering despite his weakening state. Gui Lan looks at his fingers' slight transparency. This signifies that his soul state is no longer normal.

​​

But the qi in this star is too scarce and his punishment is still ongoing making him unable to use his qi to heal his abnormal soul state.

[Host, how are you feeling? The current percentage damage in the soul is stabilized at 46% thanks to the soul stone. But this is only a temporary suppression, as long as your soul stays within this star you would never be able to completely recover and your vessel's lifespan is greatly affected by this.]

"I understand. You shouldn't worry much about it. Don't tell him if he ever asks why?" said Gui Lan while giving hints to his system that he already knew that he had conversation with his husband a few times in the former worlds and he just turned a blind eye on them.

[Host are your...]

Gui Lan just gave him a smile, "Not much. I had few speculation of things. Don't get too bothered by it. Yue I'm going to wake up now." he said before taking his leave to this mind space and wake up in reality leaving alone his system in his silence.

------

When Gui Lan opened his eyes the lights inside the room turned off. It's very dark in the area as he looks around, he felt something was wrapped around his body making unable to move. He saw an arm caging him from where he is laying. He couldn't move as his arms were caught in it as well. It was Xie Ye, who returned to their dormitory with the rest of the members, holding him in his sleep.

Gui Lan tried prying the arm around him at first but his current vessel's strength is now even less than what his age could normally possess. Struggling for a few times, he could only give up when he felt he moved too much and accidentally woke Xie Ye who was resting beside him. Thankfully his system cleaned up everything for him leaving no traces of blood that his body had excreted from when it overloaded his abilities and suffered backlash. He could only move his body a bit and make it so his position is facing Xie Ye who is in his deep sleep.

Seeing that there are no visible effects found on Xie Ye's appearance that he head suffered from that accident during the experiment this morning made Gui Lan glad. He observes the silently sleeping figure of Xie Ye until he got tired himself. Currently his body is too weak and needs more rest than an average child because of his injured soul. Gui Lan quietly yawns as he feels sleepy at the moment. After feeling satisfied with watching Xie Ye in his sleep, Gui Lan gives the child a small, fleeting kiss in between his eyebrows.

He murmured, "It's good that you're unhurt. Good night, A'Ye." said Gui Lan before hugging the child back and entering his sleep for a while more.

This is how they usually sleep at night except for last night when he and Xie Ye got into a small quarrel of misunderstanding. As Gui Lan expected, a child's temper is only a short fuse and Xie Ye is unwilling to be separated from him for a long time. A day is his limit. Thinking about this Gui Lan entered his deep sleep as he was really tired of what happened this whole day. Even though the backlash he suffered from before is suppressed, the injuries in his soul are still there. Moreover there is nothing he could do about it. He willingly indulges all of this child's selfishness. This is because he knew that their time together had long run out since that day he saw those future sights.