Chapter 50 - 3.8 Second Small Star - Starlight's CEO

Starlight Company's Conference Room.

Starlight Corporation. Half an hour before the morning meeting. Upon their group's arrival, Meng Lan was shocked to see few VIPs, bigshot shareholders that usually only attend the meeting using Video conference to be there to attend a morning meeting.

​​

These group of old men were the core of Starlight, their identity is even more profound than Moonlight CEO, Cao Junzi, the business emperor of this time. They held power only second to the Chairman, Meng Huang and they were all from his father's generation.

At the forefront is the head of this group, Xue Ling, a cold looking handsome man in his thirties. He is even a few years older than his father and he is Meng Anya's big uncle as he is Anya's mother's older brother. He shares the same crimson eyes of Meng Anya though more of the darker shade, this is Xue Clan's lineage perks.

This uncle never attends company meetings himself and even leaves the video conference attendance to his secretary when he, Meng Lan, leads a meeting and unexpectedly he is here. Meng Lan came forward to give his greetings.

With a smile on his face, Meng Lan greeted respectfully, "Uncle Xue, Meng Lan greets."

Xue Ling's sharp and cold eyes landed on Meng Lan, but the latter hid his fear though the stiffness of his body cannot be hidden. Giving the young man a glance, Xue Ling just gestured with his eyes that he accepted his greeting without a sound before closing his eyes for a moment while waiting for someone else's arrival.

Seeing that the latter only gestured with his eyes, Meng Lan felt like air slapped him straight to his face and felt anger towards the old man but kept everything under his gentle façade. Big Uncle Xue ignoring Meng Lan is normal but this time it might be unintentional for the former to not even accept Meng Lan's greeting. His stiff movements were not superficial, and it shows that he was quite tense as well.

Leaving a dumbstruck COO, the older man remained silent, still waiting. Beside him the other elder generation shareholders, who were present unexpectedly today, had all their eyes on the door. As if they were expecting a King to arrive. The younger generations watch this group of old men surrounded with a tense atmosphere leaving them bewildered.

Even the business emperor was ignored when he arrived even before Meng Lan. Meng Lan sat in his designated area so it just so happens that he sits next to The Business Emperor, Cao Junzi, who is Moonlight Company's CEO. The center of the table was left empty for the Chairman of Starlight Corporation which is the highest authority within the company.

The moment Meng Lan took his seat, he received the message through Cao Junzi's eyes to meet him after the meeting. These two had longed progressed their plans when they first met a few years ago, even before Cao Junzi became Moonlight's CEO. They were schoolmates and childhood friends even close to becoming lovers.

After waiting for another half an hour, the doors to the room opened with Lin Xia and Ye Baiyu in lead. Opening the doors to their masters. With playful upturned lips, Meng Anya in lead wearing an unusual formal charcoal grey suit walked towards the center table. He gallantly walked while excluding a proud and alluring aura as if welcoming a little devil from his long vacation, following behind him is a charmingly dangerous looking handsome man in black suit.

With a deadpan face and cold expression, they watch black suit wearing man follow that alluring small figure like an indulgent demon king to his beloved. Everyone's eyes fell on the pair unconditionally. The older generation had reacted servile like they were used to giving the little one an extremely respectful bow.

With Xue Ling in lead who now had a smile on that stiff face, he looked at the little one in the lead with eyes full of adoration for his children.

Ecstatically smiling, "I'm back~" Meng Anya proudly announced his arrival.