Chapter 153 - 6.13 Third Green Star - Countdown: 1 Day Left

Countdown: 1 day left

24th of December.

Time passed by quickly and Christmas Eve had arrived. The streets and malls were covered in glittering lights. A huge Christmas tree could be found at the center of the capital. Anonymous news about the incoming Apocalypse had been spreading on the internet for half a month lately but none of the people believed it.

It's like when someone said that the world would end in 2012 but still nothing happened with that same kind of rumor. The crowd never believes things until proofs are provided. Evening had arrived. Numerous couples and families were out there spending Christmas Eve but the most expensive subdivisions were as quiet as it is. Plainly these people are those rich families who had connected to the upper barracks of the government and military therefore they knew about the incoming disaster.

In the subdivision where General Cao Junye and his unit resides, few orders were already implemented. Before 12 midnight everyone is commanded to stay alone in their own room to wait for Christmas Eve to pass. Except for a few couples who were determined to stay together until the end, most of the soldiers followed the General's orders.

General Cao himself stayed alone in his office. With a glass of wine in his hands he sat on a chair he placed to face the large window in his own office. When the clock strikes finally hits 12 of the midnight, accompanying the sounds of the bell in the city is a huge black out.

This black out is caused by the sudden disappearance where the source of energy comes from. The lights flickered for a bit as the generators finally started kicking but no one outside their house had time to worry about the dimmed lights on the streets. They were all looking at the evening sky and the sudden appearance of the huge scarlet moon.

"Is that the moon?"

"Why the hell is it red!?"

"It's a Blood Moon!!!"

"This is my first time seeing this. Take a photo."

"Share it to everyone."

"Wait! What are those lights!?"

"A meteor shower? Amazing~ so beautiful~"

Everyone who is still awake at this moment watches the beautiful scenery above their heads. Just the big red moon is astounding enough, the crisscrossing meteor shower caught every amazed themselves. It is because of this breathtaking scenery that they didn't notice the smog converging from the sky falling on them. This smog is like a fog but unlike an ordinary fog, it moves on its own as if it was alive.

It entered the human body without them noticing. Once the human body is invaded successfully, the infected individuals fall on the ground one by one as if they've inhaled something that made them fall asleep. Even the people who were hiding in the houses were not spared by this smog.

---

At the General's Mansion.

Office.

Cao Junye watched as that smog entered through the gaps of his window crawling slowly towards him. He didn't react as if seeing unimaginative things as this event was already explained by Shi Moye. This is the fog that brings the virus. They were told that if they wanted to secure their survival they just have to avoid this smog but the downside is that they would never receive the opportunity to become an ability user.

High risk. High return.

Only those who awakened their abilities after the trial would be considered a real ability user than those who gain their ability through absorbing elemental stones during the second phase of the apocalypse.