Chapter 74 - 4.11 Third Blue Star - Backlash

After Xie Ye successfully missed the bad ending where he would suffer the whole day with his ears ringing as if an excavator was right beside his ears working on a huge damn road.

Because of his own mistake of not taking the medicine that will knock him out the whole day, he almost squeezed his head with an end result of him bashing his own head on the glass walk like the other subjects inside the room with them.

​​

Thankfully, Xie Ye woke up on time thanks to Gui Lan.

While everything on the group's side is fine, Gui Lan's situation doesn't seem that optimistic. Just the fact his soul is injured for going against the divine laws which caused for his current vessel to weaken down to the point its already below a normal status.

He was the only one among the group that had his ability activated the whole time. If not for his system's help controlling his thoughts not to be passed to others that everyone on the other side of the link would have heard his screams just then.

Gui Lan was already standing by the edge of the cliff that gauged the control of his ability to tolerate pain. His weakened soul made his originally healthy body weaker.

His body's ability to naturally heal got even slower and because of blood's lacking, his head was dizzy the whole time. If not for his high tolerance of pain, he would have lost consciousness already.

Gui Lan's current location is the laboratory of sight.

His location is the farthest from where the rest is. Moreover as an individual subject, he is the only one inside the laboratory with just one scientist. It just happens that the scientist assigned to him today is sadly the lunatic dean of this psychopathic institute.

In the beginning things in Gui Lan's side are going well despite his weakened state. He was able to avoid getting punished for guessing the things before him multiple times.

He is an experimental subject for the experiment in sight. His head is covered in a helmet connected in wires. Both feet were bound on the chair, his eyes were blindfolded only his hands were free to move. He was having fun playing as a subject that even his system disapproved this kind of game where his host well being is on line.

[Host. Please stop playing like this! Your soul is badly injured. It's more than 50 percent damage! Your current vessel is too young for me to begin the upgrade process. Even if I begin it right now, it will take years not only because your soul is injured, you are even overexerting your body. Your body will collapse host!]

"Calm down, Yue. It won't collapse. I was circulating qi in my body to keep it barely usable at minimum." replied Gui Lan.

[In this state if the host used the Limit breaker skill card to fight your enemies then you can forget living for a half a century, living for more than a decade seems more plausible instead.]

Gui Lan sighed, "Yue I'm glad you don't have a crow mouth." Then suddenly he heard Xie Ye screams from his mental link of their group. He was in immense pain as one could hear the agony in his voice.

"Yue, what the hell is happening on his side?" asked Gui Lan worriedly.

[He didn't take the tablet that will knock him out at the exact moment it was needed to. Now he is currently suffering the experiment in hearing without protection because he was caught off guard.]

"What is wrong with him? To make such kind of mistake. What should I do now? Yue can an ability be used within an ability?"

[Are you trying to use Authority while your Telepathy Skill is activated. It can be done but you'll overexert your mental powers. There's even a heavy backlash after it. I suggest you do not do it, host. At your current state the damage percentage of your soul will just increase!]