Chapter 49 - 3.7 Second Small Star - Breakfast

Meng Mansion's Dining Area.

President Meng was seated at the topmost chair of the long table. He had the highest authority within the family which is why he sat at the position where everyone could see him.

​​

On his left side Meng Lan took his seat together with the guests like Lin Xia, his darling son's aide and Ye Baiyu who came as a representative from Underworld City to inform him about the verification of his issued mission's acceptance.

Meng Lan greeted Meng Huang, "Father, Good Morning!"

"Um. Take your seat. Have your breakfast." replied Meng Huang who focuses on the tablet at his hand instead of Meng Lan's greeting. Treating him coldly more so than before after learning of his evil plan.

Lin Xia and Ye Baiyu greeted the old man as well.

Lin Xia, "Pleasant Morning, Sir."

Ye Baiyu, "Greetings President Meng."

"Same to you two as well. Go ahead and sit. I've told Old Lu to call An'er and Mr. Mo. As for the mission's verification, the decision will be made by my son, Anya." said Meng Huang, current President of Starlight.

Waiting for a while the butler returned and informed them that the eldest young master will be joining them for breakfast after taking a bath. Half an hour later. They finally saw the two figures they've been waiting for. Meng Anya is being carried by Mo Yijun.

Meng Anya was dressed formally in a dark grey suit. He's usually proud and arrogant temperament was changed to something calm and upright. The atmosphere around him felt serene and mild but they could feel the confidence in every of his gestures which shows his elegant and noble upbringing.

His phoenix shaped eyes were alluring with his irises having hints of garnet excluding a feeling of mirth and disdain to everything that entered his line of sight. The corner of scarlet moist lips were slightly upturned into a mischievous smile giving someone a ticklish feeling once seeing it.

If one has sharper sight and intuition they would be able to feel the hidden danger within those mischievous smiles of his. The man carrying him is a tall man with a dangerous aura. Wearing a pure black suit from head to toe, this man excluded a detached and warning feeling of a predator.

With his short obsidian hair that matches his clothes and a sharp cold gaze coming from his silvery orbs made one flinch, feeling the imminent danger it possessed.

Despite that, they couldn't help but feel that the dangerous aura coming from this man softens when Meng Anya looks at him. This man is Meng Anya's personal bodyguard, Mo Yijun.

In the dining area few people had already begun eating. Meng Huang had finished his breakfast ahead of them and is now having his coffee while looking at his works on his tablet. Meng Lan is in the middle of eating, seated beside him Lin Xia who is silently having breakfast while ignoring the silly one who is stealing a glance at him, Ye Baiyu.

The moment Mo Yijun appeared with Meng Anya on his arms, others showed different reactions. Meng Huang's tablet fell on the table with a loud bang, adding up the sound of a spoon and fork falling on the plate from Ye Baiyu who felt like he was stricken by lightning. Lin Xia just looked at the arrival of his lord with a knowing gaze before silently returning his eyes to his plate to eat.

Beside him Meng Lan was rendered speechless by the scene of his elder brother being carried in the arms of that charming hot man with a dangerous aura. He couldn't recognize who he might be, but he knew that this person's aura is even stronger than the business emperor, Cao Junzi. Even he for a moment was charmed by that king-like figure.