Chapter 76 - 4.13 Third Blue Star - Separation

The lights inside the laboratory are all turned off. At the center of the room is a glass cage with children in it. No one outside the cage can hear any sounds coming from inside the glass cage but every scientist could see the distorted expressions of the children inside the room. Few of them had longed fainted, some had started going crazy banging their heads on the cold floor or wall near them. Some children are shrieking with all they got even not caring whether they will hurt their throat or lose their voice. It was like hell on earth for those children inside the glass cage.

Ke Lou who was assigned in that room watched the event unfolds before him with no expression on his face as he puffs his cigarette. He had witnessed this kind of scene endless times while being undercover. He had already numbed his face from showing his real emotions on it. After all that was what he was trained for but this didn't mean that he didn't care for the rest of the children at all. It's just that his current position is not even good enough to be able to save them. Moreover the target mission of their task has been found. They've also gathered enough files to close down this damn institution. All they need is time, the best plan and an opportunity.

​​

The first two requirements had been fulfilled and the three one is about to be fulfilled as well. This is all thanks to their young master. This Young master whom the clan even sometimes treats as God thanks to his overwhelming intelligence. Now that Gui Lan even has a special ability, he is so sure that those old foggers in the clan would be even happier. But the problem is whether they'll be able to be this kind of young master. He is not a machine like the young master from before. He is now as sly as a little devil. Two faced and no one can really guess what it's in his mind. Only in front of Xie Ye that he acts like a human being. This mysterious feeling left him and Lin Ye speechless and bewildered. Though this kind of young master is better than before. At least he has feelings and emotions this time.

It was what he thought until he witnessed the scene before him. The children inside the cage show all kinds of emotions and feelings whether it was hidden or not, almost all the children inside express what they are currently feeling. Even for the first clearance pair like Yun Li and Xu Lun, despite them holding back their fear, one sees that Yun Li greatly depended on Xu Lun as he held on to him like the last straw of his life. Xu Lun protects Yun Li behind him whether it was a conscious action or not. No one knows but he is truly determined to protect the one behind him. There is no need to mention Li Xing and Yi Zheng who had hugged each other while hiding behind Xie Ye and Gui Lan. To them their greatest trust and dependence is the highest towards this pair. These two were the leader figures of their little group.

Xie Ye on the other hand is calm but despite of it no could see his gaze slightly trembling. There's a hidden fear in it. But as a leader, he didn't forget his place and took the lead in protecting the group. Only hugging Gui Lan in his arms securely not letting anything to cause him harm. He placed Gui Lan where he feels it's very safe. Within his embrace nothing can bypass him, as long as he is alive no one is able to touch Gui Lan that is the main reason for his protective gesture towards Gui Lan. But the main target of Ke Lou's gaze is that boy in Xie Ye's embrace. The child's eyes remain indifferent even with the countless scream of agony and suffering around him. He looks calm as a wind like he is not seeing or hearing a thing. It just he doesn't care that's all. It is scary enough that he is calm in this situation but to act like nothing's wrong at all is impossible even for an adult like Ke Lou.

Ke Lou might be fully trained as an agent but he is still a human being. To treat other humans as nothing is completely impossible for him. But Gui Lan is different, just his actions alone is enough for Ke Lou to understand that he doesn't care about anyone. He doesn't care about Yun Li and Xu Lun beside them. Not even a hint of tenderness for the pair, Yi Zheng and Li Xing, behind them. There is nothing at all. He just doesn't care. But only towards Xie Ye that a hint of tenderness comes out from him, with a small smile on face, Gui Lan enjoys the warmth Xie Ye is giving him. Within his protection he would be safe. Presently, Xie Ye is unharmed and nothing else matters. He doesn't need to make a move as long as there is nothing wrong with Xie Ye. Gui Lan would remain silent given that Xie Ye is not affected by anything.