Chapter 157 - 6.17 Third Green Star - New Year I

The first month after the apocalypse had passed.

January 1st.

Now is the new year. It is supposed to be a moment when everyone welcomes a new page in their lives. Another beginning which others say. Unfortunately, because the world had ended last year, this new year had no fireworks, no red lantern, and no banquet.

In the first place loud noises attract zombies, there is no way to get materials to create red lanterns and since food source is limited there will be no parties or dinner banquets happening. There is no joyous new year, only a quiet and cold new year was welcomed by the survivors. In just one month the population in the country had plummeted greatly.

Now there are even fewer elderly, children and women. Even if there are some, most of them were unawakened and weak, that they needed protection at all times. Though there are some rare women that awakened even those ladies had already been partnered up with strong men.

Thanks to the winter season, the zombies had been frozen to ice popsicles. Level 1 Zombies had already turned to ice statues during these times. It is currently the mid-winter season.

The base build in Z District is not doing too well right now. A food source but the people are entering the base are getting bigger each day. There are a limited number of houses and tents. Moreover, the number of ability users that reside in the base is not enough to protect the numerous survivors who are unawakened.

Before Shi Moye had fallen from stress, Old General Sun had provided support to this young leader. But deep inside his heart, he knew that this young man isn't enough to take responsibility for such a huge number of lives under his protection. Shi Moye is still too young, unexposed to the elite circle and he is too ambitious.

There is no stability to back his position as a leader up. His awakened dual abilities might be amazing but those who had seen General Cao fights already knew how large the difference of strength between Shi Moye and Cao Junye was. Those who put Shi Moye in his current position are those greedy old bastards who only knew how to gain but not to give.

They weren't afraid of him, Old Sun, much less a lad like Shi Moye. Clearly, they are using Shi Moye as their puppet to gain control over the base. Thankfully this young man isn't foolish and acted the routine of acting like a pig to eat the tiger. Even then it is not enough.

Z District, Base named Hope.

The State Head and the Prime Minister before they died had gathered all resources and poured everything they've owned in this base. They named it Hope, this is to allow the survivors to remember that even if that world is ending as long they don't give up there will be some time in the future that would bring hope into reality. Bringing the original world back to normal.

Shi Moye even in his past life had liked the name this base. These are the words that support most of the survivors that live on this base. But in his past life, Shi Moye is not the leader. The one who leads and controls the base is none other than General Cao.

Under his reign, no one is allowed to go against him as he is the strongest ability user that exists during those times. With his dual ability of darkness and fire, he is undefeated like an impregnable wall. He towers in front of them like a mountain protecting them from inside and out. Shi Moye wanted to become like him which is why he was happy when everyone in the base had voted him to become the temporary leader of the base. This is only until Cao Junye returned to the base.

Leader's office.

Shi Moye is buried in paper works. He needed to list down the location where they could find a new source of food. They also need another way to create electricity. The Solar panel factories he remembered from his former life must be listed as well. There is too much work that he would already collapse if not for Old Sun and his lover Yun Suisen helping him with work. He truly wanted to thank them properly for solving the problem with food sources.