Chapter 114 - 5.15 First Violet Star - First Snow

Lately, both Tuzi and Xuebao have been busy with things regarding the tribe. Tuzi helps with teaching the other females the correct way of sewing, cooking and even teaches farming to both male and female beastmen of their tribe. He has been so busy lately that he hasn't joined the hunts of Meizhou and the rest. Xuebao, on the other hand, remains in the tribe as well, doing his job as the young leader. The elders and his father had started training him properly as a successor. Though most of the time, it was the elders who were left bewildered in the end, as Xuebao is not only a strong female even his intelligence is above that of Tuzi and the tribe leader.

A month later.

First week of winter.

The first day of snow fell today.

Xuebao was finally freed from his duties as the tribe's young leader. He is currently by the river side looking at the ice cold running water near him. He could even see some ice floating in it. There were no expressions on his exquisite face. He is wearing a casual shirt and pants on him but for someone like him who is supposed to hate coldness, he doesn't seem to feel the cold temperature of his surroundings. He reached out for a falling snow in front of him.

As soon as the snowflake landed on his hands, it turned into a small puddle of water. This is due to his body's warm temperature. Thanks to his race being a snow leopard, winter doesn't affect him much. But the children of his tribe are different, not only because they were still young, the old practice in the primitive world of not wearing clothes made it worse. He could even see half naked children running around the premises of the tribe or near the river. Above them the white snow continues to fall slowly.

Seeing the children's reddening feet, soles, noses and ears, Xuebao's eyes turned a bit serious. He is thinking of frostbite that these naughty brats might suffered from. He had to tell the adults to at least nag these brats to wear their clothes and shoes properly during winter. Xuebao is now thinking whether the food in their tribe's storage will be enough for the whole winter.

"The food won't last for the whole cold season. The animals and dinosaurs would start hibernating a few days from now on." murmured Xuebao while thinking of the plans he needs to fulfill.

[Host. Once the beasts started hibernating it would be harder to hunt in the middle of winter. There are cases of snowstorms and hail as well. The houses made of tents wouldn't have enough cover during those times.]

"Yue, could you predict when the snowstorm or hail will arrive?"

[Calculating the world data in progress. Please wait for a moment. Calculation complete! Yue will now pass to the host the schedules for the changes of weather in this world. Please receive the host.]

Xuebao, who received the world data frown for a moment. It seems that the snowstorms would be coming three weeks from now. He needed to make necessary preparations for storms. At least a temporary cave where the whole tribe could wait for the snowstorm to pass. But according to the original memories, during the past snowstorms, their tribe prepares to go down the mountain to avoid the storm but the journey on their way down, is extremely dangerous and there are tons of casualties within his memories.

Going down the mountain means that they would need to venture deeper in the territories of those dinosaurs which the people of this world call as savage beasts. They also sometimes bump into their enemy, the Soleil tribe, on their way down. Battles were unavoidable whenever these two tribes met.

"Yue search the forest and give me the nearest biggest cave which can hold on during snowstorms. I don't care if it houses dinosaurs or beasts, those could be cleaned up by me if needed."