Chapter 65 - 4.2 Third Blue Star - Soul Domain

Evening.

Institute's Children's Dormitory.

​​

Group 0373's Room.

The white room is covered in silence as the children inside were laying on their beds asleep. But in the middle of the night while everyone else is asleep, a small shadowy figure of a boy appeared beside Xie Ye's bed looking at him.

Xie Ye who was lying on his bed suddenly opened his eyes and pulled the person in front of him to his bed. Covering themselves with the blanket. Inside the blanket two boys looked at each other. Crimson and blue green orbs staring at each other. Both of them showed no hints of emotions on their faces, but their eyes and heart said otherwise.

The garnet orbs shows distrustful yearning mixed with confusion upon seeing the exquisite figure before him. Meanwhile, the orbs with the shade of the color of sky and forest showed bewildered yearning and disbelief in response. Both their heart beats were out of control, beating erratically. After such long silence Xie Ye opened his mouth about to speak only for a small hand cold to cover his lips.

A nasal sound couldn't help, but comes out from his nose but he immediately calms down his astonishment as he uses his special ability to read the mind of the little one in front of him. The small hands were then separated from his mouth.

Mind reading. This is one of Xie Ye's special abilities. An ability to read the mind of certain people whose mental strength is weaker than his or to those who intentionally let him enter their mental domain freely. In this case Gui Lan is the latter. Gui Lan as Transmigrator, his mental strength is above those of original residents of the world. Moreover, the main character's original soul had the strength of a heavenly being.

{I know what kind of abilities you have. I have the same kind of ability but different from yours. I can use Telepathy. I wish to use it on you so we could speak through our mind. Please blink once if you agree.} - Thoughts of Gui Lan which Xie Ye had read using his mind reading ability.

Xie Ye's eyes widened in surprise, but it only took a moment for him to accept it. He is not egoistic enough to believe that only he had such a special kind of ability. Just the fact that this institute is gathering children to do human experiments with regards to the human brain. He knew that he wasn't the only one in the world who had been born with a natural special ability.

He blinked his eyes once showing his agreement to Gui Lan's request. Gui Lan who saw the boy before him blink gestured once again to the boy to read his mind.

{Our foreheads need to touch once to build connection. Please don't reject the link or it will be bad for me. Don't worry my ability cannot hypnotize someone. It only allows me to create a link with someone else and make a connection for mental communication.}

A/n: Telepathy, the supposed communication of thoughts or ideas by means other than the known senses.

Xie Ye blinked once again to show his agreement. Gui Lan upon receiving permission could only reach out his small hands and held Xie Ye's cheeks keeping it from moving. Gui Lan gets closer and bumps his forehead on Xie Ye's with his eyes closed. Only Xie Ye's crimson eyes continue to stare at the delicate face which is an inch away from his. Xie Ye closed his eyes as he felt something in his mind.

------

Soul Domain.

Xie Ye opened his eyes in a space like place. The place is filled with darkness full of stars and below him is water which reflects the starry sky. The whole area is darkness if not for the stars that sparkles on the sky there will be nothing that could luminate the place. The place gives Xie Ye the feeling of desolation, untainted beauty and endless silence.