Chapter 111 - 5.12 First Violet Star - Tell Me What You Want

Meizhou's heart was beating beyond his control. It was almost unbearable but instead of fear, he feels relaxed instead. As if something inside him had slightly loosen up and that something extremely precious had returned to him. He had no explanation for it. It's just that the changes in Xuebao that day gave him a familiar feeling. As if something went out of his control, he couldn't endure seeing Xuebao be touched by someone else.

The Xuebao who stopped him and confessed to him out of nowhere and the Xuebao who suddenly beat up Laohu that day seems different in his eyes. They are supposed to be the same person but different in the same way. Only he knew that the Xuebao from before is not acting like the one before them. The eyes of that former Xuebao, who used to stalk him, stares at him with eyes full of desire and lust for his body and that is all. It only made him feel disgusting and rejected him to end things right.

But the Xuebao after the confession is different. There is hidden anger for unknown reasons. He looked at me and the others as if passing pictures that had no right to enter his line of sight. His eyes look beyond him or them. As if we are not meant to exist in his reality. This Xuebao is a different person. There is only mischief and cruelty in his eyes. And in that split second when he showed his rage, even I felt fear of death for the first time. His killing intent was serious as it is. As if our life and death can be decided with a single action from this Xuebao.

In spite of this terror of death there is something else that left me bewildered. When mine and his eyes met, my heart started beating fast. As if my time in that world had finally found my reason for existing. Only then I remembered the contents of those weird dreams. This Xuebao before me right now gave me the same similarity of that person in my dreams. At that point in time, I knew... I had fallen. Within my soul the words saying that he had found him had echoes in his mind. He could only accept it. This is the person he has always been waiting for his whole life.

"Do you... believe me?" asked Meizhou while hugging Xuebao tightly in his embrace. He is not willing to let him go even if he says that he didn't believe him.

"Well~ except for your last sentence I believe the rest. I would never accept that you would be thinking that you've killed me!" said Xuebao. "Or are you saying that you really have plans of killing me in the future?"

Meizhou yelled in disagreement, "IMPOSSIBLE! There is no way I would do that!" he said while showing expression of vexation and agony.

For him just remembering that scene from his dream where he could only watch his beloved die before without being able to prevent it breaks his heart. The pain from just witnessing that event let him experience torment of an almost endless nightmare. He would have wanted to take his place if he could do so.

Seeing his man's distressed expression made Xuebao unhappy which is why he decided to just change the topic.

"Alright! I believe you. So calm down. Why don't we talk of something else?" said Xuebao.

Meizhou who temporarily controlled his raging emotions responded, "Something else?" he asked.

A sly smile appeared on Xuebao's alluring face, there's an obvious hint of naught within that expression. Even his phoenix shaped eyes squinted in a playful manner. "Yes~ let's make some changes in the conditions I gave you for becoming my Protector. Do you want to talk about it?" asked Xuebao.

Meizhou could see his chosen female's kittenish expression, he knew his beloved was up to some mischief. But he still nodded his head in agreement, the temptation of having those restricted conditions are so vexing for him after all.

"Then~ if you have suggestions I would be listening to it right now. Go ahead." said Xuebao while playing with Meizhou's pit black hair. Xuebao frowns for a bit as he feels the rough hair strands with his fingers.