Chapter 192 - 6.52 Third Green Star - Calm Before The Storm

The bright red sun had finally risen, glowing brightly within the blue sky. The birds singing, beasts roar showing their might echoes within the forest. The trees block the heat and light from the morning sun causing shades under their heads. It is a typical morning for everyone who lives in the forest.

One by one the soldiers started waking up to do their morning exercises. They've also started dissembling the tents and piled it all up properly in one corner. The remaining tents at the campsite are only three. The tent where the host and system pair: Xu Lin and Baize reside. The second tent which Yun Suisen, Shi Moye, and Su Liye sleep into together and the last yet the biggest tent which their general and his family occupied.

In the tent of Baize and Xu Lin.

This is a pair where you have yet to confess each other's feelings. They treat each other better than the rest and would sometimes hug and hold hands but they've never kissed before. The two could sleep and hug in one bed but they did nothing but sleep all night.

The first one to wake up is Baize. He looked at the young man using his left arm as his personal pillow and had his right hand wrapped around his host's thin waist. They've been sleeping like this since he was able to turn into his human form. His eyes landed on that petite figure within his embrace.

Soft forest green hair, fair skin, and delicate features. This is his host's current vessel. But only Baize knew how Liu Yan really looks. He could still remember those almond-shaped eyes enclosing a pair of gold-colored orbs. These people's eyes have always been clear. There is no hint of negative emotions like greed, bloodthirsty, or sadness. He is just an ordinary yet kind soul.

When they first met, Baize had already sent countless of his former hosts to oblivion. It's not like he made them intentionally do all those mistakes. The choices those hosts made are their own, Baize is just doing his job as a host. But this doesn't mean those human souls would listen to him, most systems in the God System were prisoners of the Netherworld. Becoming a system means their sentence is light and it could be exchanged for doing charity work. Becoming a system guide is one.

But most human souls that entered the God System, are ascended beings of their own worlds. They were used to being at the top of their worlds, not knowing that in the God System becoming a deity or a god is a common thing. A lot of them are proud and haughty, they would never listen to another unless necessary. This is the reason why most of the hosts Baize handled before had been punished by the Divine Laws and like him, those souls were thrown to the Nether System for punishment.

Systems like Baize would only be freed by the Main System as long as they were able to help one achieve their goals and that the host that they've helped would exchange their accumulated points to redeem their system's freedom. Only then the system would be cleared of his sin.

Like Liu Yan, Baize's current host, his goal to enter God state. Liu Yan had been able to reach Godhood in the world where he first met Hei Anjing. After his goal is completed, Liu Yan is supposed to finish his world-hopping journey. He had the choice to continue or to stop and return to his own world.

Liu Yan chose the former. The remaining accumulated points he has are not enough to redeem Baize's freedom. They were short by a few million points. If Baize's identity before he becomes a system is just ordinary then the remaining points of Liu Yan would be enough. Unfortunately, Baize's identity is not simple.

Baize's sin is not too heavy for him to become a full pledge prisoner of the Nether System nor his sentence is completely light. This is the reason why even after Liu Yan completed his goal to reach godhood, Baize is unable to revert to his original identity.

Thus the world-hopping journey of Liu Yan and Baize continues.

Looking at the peacefully sleeping figure in his embrace, Baize couldn't be helped but feel helpless. His host isn't unlike the rest of the host in the God System whose goal is to increase their cultivation. It is enough for him to reach godhood and ordinarily live for eternity.