Chapter 67 - 4.4 Third Blue Star - Manipulated Chaos

{....}

Silence filled the telepathic conversation of the group. Even though both words of Gui Lan and Xie Ye were straight to the point and almost merciless the other two, Yi Zheng and Li Xing knew that what they've said is true. This institute is not made for charity, but for a hidden agenda of human modification and experiments. It just happens that they, the children, were the subjects for it. Ignoring the awkwardness in their group connection, Gui Lan started to issue orders.

​​

Xie: {What's the plan, Lan'er?}

Gui: {I need more information. A'Ye could you read the minds of those 10 children at the sidelines.}

Xie: {I can.}

Gui: {Read deeper if you can but don't overdo it. Transfer it to this link. We'll help you filter it.}

Xie: {Okay}

Gui: {Keep a column in your thoughts. One for keeping and one for erasing. Zhe-ge please don't give too messy comments during the process. We can hear your thoughts right now.}

Li: {Understood.}

Yi: {I-I'll try to hold back.}

Xie: {One punch for one useless comment.}

Yi: {Hii! Empty the mind. Empty the mind. Empty the mind.}

Gui: {Snort* If you emptied it how can you help with filtering.}

Li: {Calm down, A'Zhe.}

Xie: "I'll begin. I'll do it one at the time."

Xie Ye closed his eyes for a moment as he controlled his mind reading ability while not interfering with the group mental connection Gui Lan had established. At first when Xie Ye used his mind reading ability to one of the children by the sideline, he hesitated to pass it to the group mental link. Only Gui Lan, who was holding his hand, noticed the changes on Xie Ye.

The hands that held him suddenly turned cold as if bloodless. It was trembling uncontrollably. Seeing this Gui Lan immediately pulled Xie Ye and forced the latter to face him. Everyone in their group could see Xie Ye's face turning pale and there's countless cold sweats converging on his face and whole body. They knew whatever Xie Ye found within that target's memories is something that could even affect Xie Ye's calm mind and shook his core. Gui Lan had forgotten that even though Xie Ye is his husband of this world, the age is still so young.

It didn't take while for the memories Xie Ye had read from the target to flow in the group connection. Endless screams of pain and agony rang within their heads. It was that child's experience. Without control the traumatic memories of the target were shared to all four of them.

(The memory Xie Ye got from one of the children from the first clearance.){AAHHHHHHH!! Stop! STOP.... NO! IT HURTS... HURTS...HURTS...AHHH! I'M SORRY. SORRY... NONONONO!!!! HAAAAAA!!!! I CAN DO IT. PLEASE! GIVE ME TIME. HURTS. AAAHHHH!!! sa-SAVE... Someone... ANyone save me... I CAN'T DO IT ANYMORE!! In the end... NO ONE... CAME...-----}

In the end Gui Lan could only forcefully cut off the temporary connection of the group even suffering backlash because of it. Gui Lan could even hear his head ringing loudly. The sudden cut off of mental connection causes the other three to feel weak all over and then faint. Xie Ye even stopped using his mind reading ability as he lost consciousness. Seeing his group member fainting all of the sudden except for him Gui Lan decided to overturn the situation forcefully if he must. Before the others notice their group situation Gui Lan exceeded the limits of his mental type special ability.