Chapter 156 - 6.16 Third Green Star - Cao Junye's Past And Secret

After waiting for an hour the group led by Uncle Wu had finally returned to the unit followed by a few males and females, old and young together with some soldiers from the upper seat had arrived.

Uncle Wu spoke, "General, we had returned. The highest authority among the survivors is Old General Sun. Sadly, the State Head had indeed..."

"Good work. Rest for a while until those who looked for resources to return." replied Cao Junye.

"Yes, General!" the soldiers said.

Among the survivors only General Sun and a lady which is called Sun Ruolan had approached General Cao. Lady Sun is the State Head's only daughter though she is an illegitimate child and thought the old leader didn't like her as much as he cares for his nephew, Ximen Xueya. She was still allowed to live in the State Palace.

This Lady Sun is General Cao's admirer since before Cao Junye had become a General. Old General Sun on the other hand is the State head's little brother. But unlike the State Head this Old General had no offspring nor lovers. He is a celibate after becoming impotent in the battlefield.

Upon seeing General Cao in front of her, Lady Sun with tears converging her eyes had run towards Cao Junye as if seeing her lover. Though she indeed treated the General as her lover in her daydreams. After experiencing the cruelty of the apocalypse her common sense had blurred.

"Junye!!!~~ You're here to save me!!" yelled Lady Sun as she wanted to hug General Cao.

Cao Junye looked at the crazy woman running towards him. There's an indifferent yet disgusted expression on his face while one of his hands roaming around his coat looking for something. His dull purple eyes were lifeless and the gaze he used to look at Lady Sun is like looking at a dead person. Indifferent and uninterested.

The scene of a woman suddenly jumping towards their general is a common event especially whenever General Cao visits the State Palace. The culprit of those countless attempts is the same lady before them.

This Lady Su has always been the General's avid admirer. Wang Lei and Lou Lan watch the scene as if looking at a certain play while the other soldiers were in awe at how crazy this woman dared to jump at their General.

The General Cao that the military knows is a stern person who is feared by both male and females of all ages. In their whole life the only people their General had treated differently are only two. The Ximen father and son, Ximen Xueya and Ximen Chino.

Now that the apocalypse had begun and laws were already broken adding the fact that Master Ximen and his son are still missing obviously everyone from the Unit Alpha knew how bad their general's mood is. If not for fulfilling his last duties to the State Head, the General wouldn't even waste his time to come here and save these people.

Everyone from Unit Alpha was waiting for a good show. While Old General Sun was frightened when this stupid niece of his, suddenly jumped on that dangerous person known as General Cao. In the whole military and government, General Cao only listens to the orders of the State Head and the Prime Minister. Now that both are gone, the shackles that held back this man no longer exist. The law no longer exists in his eyes.

As they've expected before Lady Sun could even approach General Cao, the latter had brought out a gun from his coat and pointed it expressionlessly on the lady's forehead. Without hesitation, Cao Junye pulled the trigger and the loud sound of bang was heard in the area.

BANG!

Lady Sun with a pale face while trembling had fallen seated on the ground in shock. There's a liquid coming out between her legs drenching her dress with a yellowish shade. But lucky she is still alive, as someone grabbed Cao Junye's wrist and tangled the gun's direction to the sky. It was Old General Sun who prevented his stupid niece's death.