Chapter 66 - 4.3 Third Blue Star - Supernatural Abilities

Morning

Institute Dormitory

​​

Gui Lan was awakened by the noise in his surroundings. He could hear the clattering childish voices of children.

"Why do they sleep together?"

"Are they that close? Looks comfortable to me."

"W-What are you looking at for A'Zhe?"

"A'Xing let's sleep together as well. It's so cold at night and the blanket is so thin. Please~"

"N-No too crowded."

"It's fine. I'll give you half the space. If we hug like them we will fit as well. It's almost winter. It's too freezing."

"...hmm~ fine! If you dare squash me. I'll kick you off the bed!"

"Hehe~ Don't worry A'Xing I won't squish you I promise."

The last voice had the tone of being angry and annoyed.

"Noisy. If you woke up Lan'er I'll beat you both up."

"B-But It's almost time for breakfast, we need to prepare."

"Shss~ Shss... A'Xing Shss. I don't want to get beat up."

Then silence once again filled the room. Gui Lan took his time to sleep but he still woke up after 15 minutes of extended sleeping time. Opening his eyes he saw that he was still hugging Xie Ye. As he looked up their eyes met and just gave Xie Ye a smile with a greeting.

"Good Morning! A'Ye."

Sweeping the stray strand of hair on Gui Lan's face, "Morning, Lan'er. Wash your face and take a bath. I'll take mine after yours." said Xie Ye.

"Hm, let's take a bath together. It's almost time for breakfast. No more time to spare." replied Gui Lan as he prepares to head to the bathroom while pulling Xie Ye together with him.

Xie Ye let himself get pulled by the former as they ignore the bystanders in the corner who are watching them in silence.

"Have they been this close?" said Little Yi Zheng.

"It's better if they are close. Though they used to be both detached at least they are a bit approachable now than before. Moreover we need their help if we really plan to escape." explained Little Li Xing.

Bewildered Little Yi Zheng, "What do you mean A'Xing?" He asked with confusion in his mind.

Little Li Xing spoke, "Obviously they are both smarter than I do. But they both took a different approach to gather information. Xie Ye chose to put himself to spot light and gather data upfront while Gui Lan took a silent stance while observing everything and remembering anything. If I am not wrong A'Lan is the smartest among all three of us. He changed. He used to be timid and cowardly. A'Lan used to be scared of Xie Ye but now..."

"But now what?" asked Little Yi Zheng.

Little Li Xing looked at Little Yi Zheng's innocent face and could only sigh.

[(Thoughts of Li Xing): But now they unconsciously treat each other like a family. but in a different kind of feeling. In a much more intimate way than familial love.]

"I'm talking nonsense. Forget about it. On today's exams make sure to limit yourself to middle school level okay?" said Li Xing.

Little Yi Zheng didn't understand the meaning of Li Xing's words and just agreed without question when the latter changed the topic of their conversation.