Chapter 161 - 6.21 Third Green Star - A Huge...

S District.

Ximen Mansion.

Before the sun had completely set. The group had finally reached the old mansion owned by the Ximen Family. Everyone was looking at the clean and flawless mansion standing before them. Even the steel gates of the mansion remain undamaged except for some few speck of sand and dirt covering it, the place is completely intact and unbroken.

Among the houses and buildings in the whole S district only this mansion and the land it stood on was left untouched for some reason. Everyone, even Cao Junye, felt something was wrong with this place. They had seen the ruined areas in this district. Some the houses were completely ruined as if it was left incompletely demolished. There are even some nearby villas which lost its roof as if pried off by something. Only this Ximen Mansion remained untouched for mysterious reasons.

The little bun who saw his old house happy ordered his dog, Oreo, to move towards the door. Following behind him is Lou Lan and Cao Junye who worries about his son's safety.

"Father, come this way. This is our old house~" said Chino as he gestured to Cao Junye to come over to him. Then he looked at his uncle Lou, "Uncle Lou~ hurry. Open the gates~"

Lou Lan helplessly smiles as he approaches the mansion's gate inputting the original security code he remembers. After entering a few series of codes, the steel gates made a clicking sound and slowly opened for them. Seeing this Lou Lan sighed in relief knowing that he had entered the right codes.

"Father hurry~ hurry! Let's go inside the house! Chi-chan will guide~"

"Haha~ then Chi-chan has to tour around father inside the place. It's father's first time visiting." said Cao Junye who carried his son in arms after taking him from the back of the now whining huge dog, Oreo.

Oreo only whined for a few seconds but didn't dare to attack Cao Junye. Not only his master treats this man the same as he treats that godly person, this man had an even scarier aura. He could only instinctively lower himself in Cao Junye's presence.

Everyone took a rest and resides inside the mansion. The mansion had been left alone for months and some places were covered in dust. The females and children, even the men, were tasked to clean the mansion. It doesn't need to be clean thoroughly as they only planned to stay one night over. As long the dust was wiped away and swept the dirty on the floor and walls, everything would be usable.

For the cold evening, they even light up the fireplace within the mansion. This was able to keep them warm for the whole night.

Past midnight as the sky had fully darkened and when most humans had gone to sleep. A sound of something crawling could be heard within the S District. The subtle sound cannot be easily perceived by human ears but it is a different story for animals with enhanced hearing. The movement was done carefully yet it cannot be ignored fully.

There are few sounds and male survivors tasked to do some night vigil. Since the soldiers were tired from the whole journey as they continuously fought zombies this morning, the first half of night vigil was left to some male civilians.

The civilians accepted the jobs without fuss as they were in awe yet frightened by the general's existence. The survivors had seen how the general eliminate those zombies that chase after it.

Within the mansion at the Master's bedroom, Cao Junye and Ximen Chino were peacefully sleeping on the bed. The small one was sleeping serenely besides his father. But the child's sleeping figure is a bit not good.

Chino slept upright facing the ceiling but his arms and legs were stretched widely at each side. One of his legs was pressing on his father's stomach. Sometimes kicking as if fighting something in his dream. But as his skin is thick, Cao Junye was able to sleep peacefully even as he got a kick in the gut from the child.