Chapter 22 - 1.22 First Small Star [Extra 2] - Horror Tale IX

After introducing himself to the three students before them, Xue Jing in his ghost king form had smiled at them with eyes full of amusement. His lifeless eyes stared at them while his lips were slightly upturned. But despite those grey orbs looking at them, it feels that they were never ever in his line of sight.

The man in crimson robes flicked his fingers once and suddenly the space within the library distorted and their surroundings changed to that of a traditional receiving area. On the table near them, a set of teapots and cups were served hot. Few dishes were prepared on the table as well.

​​

Xue Jing languidly walked passing by them and sat on a soft couch bonelessly in wide ways then continued to watch the three with boredom in his eyes despite his lips curled.

Xue Jing spoke, "Eat. I'll only~ give answers ~ after you're done eating~ Don't worry~ those are human food nothing~ else would've happened if you eat it. Well~ except for being full. I guess~"

Scallion porridge, vegetable pancakes, and dim sum meat dumplings. There's even a plate of mooncakes and flower sweets. The feast on the table made the stomach of the three growls but they didn't dare to eat the food served by a ghost king.

Feeling their hesitation Xue Jing acted like he saw nothing. In the end, he just averted his gaze and read the book that suddenly appeared in his hands. He decided to ignore them. This gesture means that he wouldn't be willing to answer their questions until they've eaten.

Meanwhile, Fu Lian and Xue Luli were intently gauging the captivating person before them. His long blonde hair was glittering as if the sun itself but his eyes gave away different impressions. It felt dull and serene like watching a full moon under the evening sky

Ye Lou couldn't help it and ask, "Old Fu do you think that food is safe? I'm really hungry." he whispered as he joined the side where the couple is.

The couple didn't answer right away and their eyes hardly left the figure of Xue Jing before them. Despite this ghost king suddenly turning into an adult man the impression they got for this man is still the same as Xue Jing as a boy before. The aura around him is comforting and his silent nature made them want to pamper him.

Only when Fu Lian and Xue Luli noticed him peeking at them behind his book that they couldn't understand whether to laugh or cry. Clearly from his stares that he wanted them to eat as he knew that they haven't had any decent dinner ever since the event had begun.

Xue Luli bravely approached the table full of food. She sat down and grabbed a bowl to start eating. Fu Lian upon seeing that followed after her and sat beside her. He started eating as well. Seeing this Ye Lou happily join them to eat as well.

Meanwhile outside the private space that the ghost king owns the scene of hell on earth had fallen in the other parts of the abandoned building. The remaining survivors had all scattered. The ghosts and spirits had all come out the moment the ghost king had taken the three students with him.

A man was running for his life as a ghost tried to capture him. He had to ditch most of his friends to survive on his own. After getting separated from the rest he runs up the building without thinking. He twisted almost all doorknobs that he saw trying to hide in at least one of the rooms to hide.

But none of the doors had opened for him. He continued to escape and saw a lone room at the end of the hallway. He grabbed the doorknob almost by instinct, after twisting it opened as if he was finally freed the door opened for him. The man entered the room without checking what kind of room he had gone into and even locked the room after he entered.

The room was dark all over and not even a single window existed. There's a weird musty and musky smell inside.

"What the hell is this smell?! It's making me puke! Urgh!" the man complains.