Chapter 177 - 6.37 Third Green Star - Three Factions

Morning at Z District Base.

Mansion under General Cao's ownership.

Master's bedroom.

Ximen Xueya woke up with a strong arm of his husband hugging his waist and him hugging their little bun. Ever since they've reached the Z District, Zhi Yue has been told to return to his moon avatar form which is invisible to other people especially to the original residents of this world.

He groggily woke up as he noticed that the room's interior they are in right now is something he hasn't seen a t all. His confusion was answered by System Yue.

[The host is in a mansion prepared by the people from Hope Base for the general.]

When Xueya tried to sit up, he suddenly felt a pang coming from his lower back and had fallen back to the bed. This is the consequences of doing it at a closed place and doing it a bit roughly.

Hiss~ Ximen Xueya couldn't be helped by elbowing the stomach of the man sleeping on his right.

Urg!

Cao Junye was awakened with pain in his tummy. Once he opened his eyes he was welcomed by his wife's glaring eyes. There's an obvious blame and irritation within those phoenix shaped eyes. Despite his glare, Xueya's refined features made him look sultry instead, especially with that bit of blush on his cheeks due to anger.

"Baby?~"

"Back hurts. Your fault. Do something!"

He could only put his hands on Xueya's back and start massaging his waist. Only when he did that, that his wife stopped glaring and enjoyed himself to the soothing movements of his husband's hands.

[Report! There are groups coming over to the mansion. Some were people of Elite clans. The others were from the government and military.]

System Yue's voice was heard by anyone in the room. Xueya and Junye knew why they were coming over. They wanted to check on General Cao's men's capabilities. These people wanted to know whose side was stronger in between Shi Moye's faction and General Cao's small group.

Those elite clans' objectives are different. They wanted to see the general's rumored lover and son. Thinking of a way how they could create connections with the other party. Either that or they wanted to check if the lover had enough background to match the general. If not they would be willing to send their daughters through the backdoor.

The government and military side had different goals. They wanted to watch those elite clans make fools of themselves. After all, the military had held back the information of who the lover of General Cao is. Even if they do know, no one is foolish enough to tarnish that person's name. They still wanted to live for a bit longer than offending a demon who is harder to deal with than the great general Cao.

Cao Junye's expression turned gloomy when heard what Yue had just reported. He and his unit were not planning on staying in this Hope Base for too long. Their real place is Ximen Mountain which his wife had prepared in secret before the apocalypse had arrived.

They've only dropped by on the way as he wanted to speak with Shi Moye and Old General Sun about giving them the full authority of this base to them. As everyone in the base knows, the real leaders of this hope base are none other than General Cao and Ximen Xueya. Sadly, the couple isn't all that interested with such a small base full of leeches.

"Baby~ come down to meet them with me?" asked Cao Junye.

Ximen Xueya responded as he closed his eyes to go back to sleeping. "No. I'm still sleepy. Go do your job."