102

Cheng Bai pursed his lips and didn't answer, obviously acquiescing.

Zhaoqi shook his head and said: "Are you thinking too much? This young master is the proud son of Ning'an City. He is the younger brother that the city lord puts in his hands. It's too late for everyone to flatter him. Who will harm him?"

Cheng Bai paused and said: "This is not clear, but Xiaojiao Bao was so timid in Ning'an City, I never seriously thought about it before, but now that I think about it, how dare he run away from marriage..."

Zhaoqi heard the words and said: "You can underestimate the young master in this matter. The young master is usually reserved, but he has never backed down when it comes to liking you. It's hard to guarantee that he ran away because of you and didn't want to marry your brother." dropped."

As Zhaoqi said, he chuckled and said, "That is to say, the young master is too afraid of the city lord. Otherwise, with the city lord's love for the young master, there is no need for the young master to escape. Tell the city lord that he will never force him to engage in this engagement... However, if he dared to tell the city lord, the misunderstanding would have disappeared long ago, Mr. Cheng, you have no chance of deceiving him."

"..." This person was always reminding him... Cheng Bai pursed his lips, and a trace of pain flashed in his silver pupils.

He thought of Xiaojiaobao's enthusiasm and frankness towards him... His heart twitched, and his knuckles curled up uncontrollably. At that time, he just hated that person and never took his sincerity into his eyes.

Now that I think about it, remorse is like a vine protruding from the abyss of hell, tightly binding his fresh heart, making every rhythm of his heart feel like a shackle, every time he is mentioned and Seeing Xiaojiaobao's indifference to him, the vines would take in a little bit, squeezed out a heart into various shapes, and drew thick strangle marks, which made him feel unceasingly painful.

Seeing the pale and remorseful face of the orc next to him, Zhaoqi touched his nose and realized that he had stabbed his sore spot again... He quickly changed the subject and said, "Anyway, Mr. Cheng, don't think too much, no one will If it is not good for the young master, it is against the city lord."

Cheng Bai withdrew his thoughts, shook his head and said, "I still feel strange, don't go into details with the city lord and the others about this situation, we will talk about it when we go back."

"..." Zhaoqi was stunned for a moment, but did not answer.

Seeing that Zhaoqi didn't reply, Cheng Bai felt strange and turned to look at Zhaoqi. Seeing his eyes dodge, he was taken aback and asked, "Did you send the letter back?"

"Cough." Zhaoqi coughed lightly and said, "I passed it on this morning... roughly speaking about the young master's situation and... the things you concealed..."

"..." Cheng Bai began to seriously consider whether to be friends with this Zhaoqi.

Zhaoqi hurriedly said: "But I didn't send back the specific location, and I didn't know when the young master would go back and didn't say the time..."

Cheng Bai breathed a sigh of relief, but seeing that there was still resentment in Zhaoqi's eyes, and Zhaoqi's eyes showed pleading, Cheng Bai stared at him for a moment, waved his hands and said: "Forget it, but you remember not to send any more letters Going back, if something really happens on the way..."

"I promise, I promise." Zhaoqi hurriedly interrupted Cheng Bai, and Cheng Bai looked away.

In front of a pavilion in the center of Ning'an City, a white bird parked. The bird landed on the roof and called downward. , the bird landed beside the man, and let the man take off the letter paper tied at his feet.