153

Rather than accepting that a cowardly and incompetent person becomes confident and competent, they are more willing to accept that this confident and competent person is a fake from beginning to end.

By the next day, the rumor had reached the ears of the city lord Xining.

Xining was furious, and sent people to thoroughly investigate where the rumor came from, but it was spread by too many people, and the original source could not be found at all.

The three main hall masters, Hall Master Wu and Hall Master Shang have all gone out. Pan Zhenyi, the master of the Fragrant Hall, and Zhao Yu, the deputy city master Zhao Yu, who are in the city, have both believed the rumors. Thoroughly investigate Xi Yao, and even propose to imprison Xi Yao.

Xi Ning wanted to imprison the two of them, but Pan Shulin and Zhao Shun brought the beast soldiers of Xiangtang Master and Deputy City Master to speak and intercede.

When things got out of hand, Xi Ning was furious and confronted everyone with his own strength.

He even secretly planned to use force.

Seeing this, Pan Shulin hurriedly came out and said: "The city lord calm down, everyone is also worried about the city lord, afraid of that counterfeit..."

"Who are you calling a counterfeit?!" Xining's voice hit Pan Shulin's face and heart as cold as ice scum.

"..." Pan Shulin closed her lips tightly, lowered her head and reluctantly changed her words: "I'm afraid that stopping the rumors will endanger the safety of the city lord."

"He's my younger brother, how could he harm me?" Xining narrowed his eyes, scanned the people in the meeting room and said, "I think you guys want to harm me, right?"

"City Master!" Deputy City Master Zhao Yu said loudly: "City Master be careful, we will be loyal."

Pan Zhenyi echoed: "Yes, City Lord, we have also worked hard."

"Really?" Xining sneered coldly, everyone looked dissatisfied, Pan Shulin said: "City Lord, since you don't believe us, why not do this, Xi Yao belongs to the Xi family, and the Xi family has been controlling beasts since ancient times, otherwise wait for Xi Yao to come back , Let him control the beast for everyone to see, if he can, then he must be the Xi family."

That Xi Yao has never been able to control beasts since she was a child...

A trace of calculation flashed in Pan Shulin's eyes.

Hearing this, Xi Ning sneered and clenched her palms tightly, almost unable to suppress her anger. Yao'er was timid since she was a child, and she didn't like to learn, so she never mastered beast control. No one in Ning'an City knows, this person is so big He has the guts to use a skill that Yao'er doesn't know at all to plot against Yao'er!

Seeing that the city lord Xi Ning did not speak, and everyone looked at him in astonishment, Pan Shulin explained: "I know that Ayao couldn't control beasts when she was young, but he is already an adult. After so long, he is from the Xi family blood. , this ability to control beasts is born in the blood, as long as he knows the method, he will be able to control the beast, and I believe he has already memorized this method by heart."

Everyone suddenly realized that the young master did not know how to control beasts before, and that was already something that happened when the young master was young.

Pan Zhenyi echoed: "Yes, City Master, this young master is already an adult, if he is of the blood of the Xi family, he must be able to control beasts. If he is forced like this, he can't even control beasts. This blood is really doubtful."