143

Xi Ning opened his eyes and frowned tightly: "Who gave this to you?"

Wang Jin shook his head: "I don't know, someone squeezed in through the crack of the door today."

"I asked my brother in the attic to help pass it to the young master." A call came from the door.

Both Xi Ning and Wang Jin were taken aback for a moment, then turned their heads and found that it was Cheng Li.

Xi Ning winked at the attendant, and the attendant let Cheng Li in.

As soon as Cheng Li entered the door, he knelt down in front of Xining and said, "City Lord, Cheng Li asks to go find someone with the young master."

"If you want to find Yao'er, you can do it directly, why send a letter?" Xining looked at Cheng Li suspiciously, held the paper and said, "Let me ask again, did you really find someone to give the paper to Yao'er?"

Cheng Li bowed his head and said, "Yes, the young master is a brother, I can't ask him to meet directly, so I came up with such a way, and calculated the time to come to the attic to see you."

"..." Xining crumpled the paper when he heard the words, his face was full of anger, "Cheng Li!"

Xi Ning seemed to want to say something, but after glancing at Wang Jin next to him, he swallowed his words, hid his anger, and said softly to Wang Jin, "Yaoer, you should make preparations first. I will send someone to go to sea with you."

"Okay." Wang Jin glanced at Cheng Li who was kneeling, knowing that Xining was going to distract him, so he obediently left.

After Wang Jin's figure was out of sight, Xining tore up the paper and threw it on Cheng Li's face, saying, "What do you mean? Cheng Li, you want to go out to sea to find me, why did you bring Yaoer with you? "

"..." Cheng Li knelt straight, neither humble nor overbearing said: "If not, I'm afraid the city lord will not agree to go to sea."

"...You are using Yao'er to put pressure on me, right? Didn't I tell you that Cheng Bai wouldn't be in danger of his life? You don't believe me, the city lord, with my life as a guarantee."

"..." Cheng Li was silent for a while, then pursed his lips and said: "City Lord... I don't believe you, I just don't believe Cheng Bai, he grew up in Ning'an City, he has never suffered much, and he has never participated in desperate activities However, how could he be able to hunt Haiqiong... It's just that he doesn't know the heights of the heavens and the earth."

As he said that, Cheng Li's face was filled with worry: "But no matter what happens to him, he is my only relative for Cheng Li...I...I'm really worried."

"..." Xining paced back and forth, and after a while, he finally sighed heavily: "Forget it, I have already promised Yao'er, and I am not afraid to promise you another one, but I can't leave the city yet, so please remember, Watch Yao'er for me after going out to sea, don't let him go out of the cabin, if he has something to do, I only ask you."

"Yes, thank you City Master." Cheng Li heaved a sigh of relief.

In Pan Shulin's room, the man was burning tea, and the tea was boiling, but he didn't care about it at all. His eyes kept looking at the door, as if he was waiting for some news. Only when the attendant entered the door did he show any expression on his face.

He stood up and went to meet him.

"How about it?"

The attendant nodded towards Pan Shulin and said, "My lord, it's done."

Pan Shulin breathed a sigh of relief, and sat down on the stool, only then did he take down the boiling kettle and make a cup of tea.

Seeing this, the attendant leaned closer and asked in a low voice: "Young Master, is it really okay for us to let Mr. Cheng memorize the delivery of the letter like this? When the rumors go to sea and something happens, Mr. Cheng may be suspected and punished."