•Chapter 5•

Y/N's POV

"I wanna tell you you're beautiful, in a way that you have not heard before, but I don't think it's gonna work, cause I'm not good with words." I sang softly into the mic and the music stopped causing me to sigh.

"Uh let's replay that one more time and see." Jonathan our producer said and I cleared my throat with a fake smile.

"Yeah sure." I mumbled and gave him a thumbs up, "Sappy ass shit."

Soon enough I heard the intro of my acoustic guitar come in and I closed my eyes, "I wanna tell you you're beautiful, in a way that you have not heard before, but I don't think it's gonna work, cause I'm not good with words."

The music cut out and I looked up as our producers smiled, "Great Y/N!"

I nodded with a smile and heard it playback while I nodded to the music; listening to Amber's voice, "I wanna tell you you're the reason why the earth spins and the stars hang in the sky, but I don't think it's gonna fly, cause I'm not good with words."

I smiled to myself as more time passes while I heard my band mates voices come in and out of the song through my headset. Singing along with my girls in the chorus before listening to Natalie's solo. Knowing my solo was after I got ready and closed my eyes taking a quick, short, low breath.

"Sentences or conversation, oh words they only bring me complication and when it comes to love I'm useless just full of bad excuses and confessions gone unheard." I tried to put as much passion as I could and the song continued before cutting and I sighed.

"Amazing let's play it back and let's add a run on-"

"Got it." I nodded not looking towards the window so I didn't see Camila standing besides him.

"Okay kid." He chuckled before playing back the song.

Singing the solo again and letting it drag out as it turned into breathy tune I let it trail off until I heard the song continue into just the instruments. He cut the song and I heard a clap causing me to look towards the window.

"So great Y/NN!" I saw a cheery Camila smile widely and I smiled happily as I waved slightly.

"Yeah what she said uhm Amber didn't finish recording so once she comes back we'll finish up the song." He smiled and I nodded as I quickly took off my headset.

Walking out of the recording booth I closed the door and once I turned around I was hugged by a smiley Camila.

"Hey I dropped by earlier than expected but I was bored and didn't have anything to do if you don't mind."

"No, of course not I'm glad you came earlier." I smiled before looking at John as he listened to the new song again.

"How's the song coming man?" I asked him as I patted his back while I was handed a water bottle from Kyle; the runner.

"It's going great actually I just need the rest of the girls so we can finish it." He fixed his SnapBack while he itched his beard.

"No mixing on this song?" I nudged him with a chuckle as I glanced at Camila.

"Nah, I just wanted to keep its acoustic vibe you know?" He leaned back in his black office chair and I nodded.