•Chapter 144•

"Please, someone help her, I think she's going into labor." I ran up to the desk with Adrianna in my arms and Camila clutching onto my shirt.

"Oh! Okay, okay uh-"

Soon enough a wheelchair was being rolled towards Camila and she sat down in it while I followed them with fast footsteps. Adrianna looked around not knowing what to do with the fast pace of this situation. When we were all in a room we were left when the nurse went to get an actual doctor or an OB/GYN. Camila laid in pain by herself and when I went to grab her hand she moved away from me.

I let my heart ache as I shook my head sadly, I know I shouldn't have said it. I shouldn't have asked, now I could've possibly ruined a little more to our storyline. I sat down as Adrianna sat in my lap still overly tired and I rested my head against the bed Camila was laying on. A nurse came back in and ordered Camila to strip out of her clothes to put her gown on.

When she was dressed down and covered the older nurse had hooked up the machines to the pads against her chest.

"Deep breaths, you'll be fine." The older woman rubbed her arm and Camila nodded as she leaned back with her eyes closed.

The doctor left and I folded Camila's clothes while Adrianna kept trying to climb onto Camila.

"Mama? You kay?" She asked and Camila nodded as she covered her mouth to muffle the sounds of her cried.

Soon enough a doctor came in with shoulder length black hair and a pretty grin.

"Hi, I'm Dr. Leigh, let's have a look at what the problem is tonight." She closed the door and washed her hands quickly as Camila propped her legs up.

"I'm seven months pregnant, there's no way- I cant go into labor now." She sobbed deeply and I held Adrianna back as Camila wiped her tears.

"Okay, relax, let's see what we have here." The doctor sat down and rolled over to Camila and I sat up to hold Camila's hand.

"I can do it myself." Camila verbally pushed me away and when she got another contraction I ignored her.

I held her hand as she groaned and she gripped my thigh way too close to my buddy and out of an instant reaction I grabbed her other hand. Her clothes fell to the floor while Adrianna successfully got out of my hold and climbed down.

"Okay.. alright, there is a little blood but it's not from the baby." Dr. Leigh spoke as Camila cried to herself and I waited impatiently while also watching Adrianna who was picking up Camila's clothes with a small grunt.

After a couple long minutes of observing Dr. Leigh looked up and took off her gloves,

"You're not in labor."

"Your contractions are sporadic and not very strong-"

"Not very strong? Bullshit." Camila threw her head back and groaned.

"-but you do, however, have cervical insufficiency. I'm gonna now put you in position called Trendelenburg where the bed will be at a 15 to 30 degree angle where your feet will be higher than your head. Hopefully gravity will help keep the baby inside but if she's born today-"

"No! No, no, no she's not ready, we're not ready."

"Okay, Camila relax I'm gonna do everything I can to keep this baby inside. Don't stress-"

"How about you push some meds to stop these contractions and stop pretending like now isn't the time to panic?!" Camila snapped at Dr. Leigh and the raven haired woman rubbed her leg.

"You are going to be fine, you need to relax because if you're distressed then the baby is distressed. And we really don't want a distressed baby right now." Dr. Leigh spoke before pressing a button and having Camila lay back straight as the bed tilted downwards.