1

Chapter 1 Freezing Program

The glorious year of the star calendar.

As the first foothold of human interstellar immigrants—Planet Alpha is a blue planet similar to the parent star, and its surface is covered with a large amount of water resources. It's a pity that the periodic destructive hurricanes, coupled with the scarcity of other resources, were eventually forgotten by mankind.

It wasn't until the glorious year after a thousand years that it was brought up in a certain Congress of the Federation. It turned out that at the northernmost tip of Planet Alpha, a base was built underground at a huge cost to store the humans who participated in the "Frozen Project".

"Frozen Plan" is one of the most well-known strategies in the last years of the home planet. At that time, zombies were rampant and viruses were spreading. For the continuation of mankind, some people chose to freeze themselves and wait until the right time to wake up.

This plan should be said to be sane and great, and the participants made sacrifices for the well-being of all mankind-after freezing, they will know nothing. No one knows when to wake up, will wake up, or die inexplicably in sleep?

It's like risking your life.

However, from the perspective of those who lived during the star calendar years, it is a bit opportunistic. Their predecessors worked desperately, using the sacrifices and wisdom of countless people, in exchange for the advent of the great interstellar era. What about this group of people, just sleep, and then enjoy peace and beauty?

Is there such a cheap thing?

"Project Freeze" was deliberately forgotten.

If they can, they can continue to pretend that they don't remember, don't know, and just let the frozen people continue to fall asleep. Unfortunately, they couldn't, something went wrong.

Genetic disease—this disease that is prevalent in the interstellar age and is more terrifying than the zombie virus continues to afflict human beings. In this generation, almost every family has patients, including some descendants of supernatural beings. According to statistics, the number of patients with genetic diseases has exceeded 30%. No one knows whether this proportion will increase in the next generation.

In this way, everyone's attention paid attention to Planet Alpha, and they remembered the hundred thousand frozen people left in the base.

This is a huge sum, a carrier of the "primitive gene" who has not been contaminated by a genetic disease! As long as they are awakened, there will be many primitive genes to choose from immediately, and the opportunity to save the next generation is right in front of them!

With the approval of Congress, the first plan to awaken cryonics begins.

And then...failed.

It ends with the mass suicide of frozen people.

People in the interstellar years, only then remembered that they also gradually adapted to interstellar life after more than a dozen generations of reproduction. Frozen people are basically frozen in their home planet. Their IQ is low, their physical fitness is weak, their ability to adapt to the environment is extremely low, and they don't even have basic survival skills!

Although the original gene fragments have been obtained, but there is not enough time for research, how to save more patients with genetic diseases? They are just wasted.

The second time I woke up the frozen man, I became more cautious.

The National Congress appointed Jiang Yupei, the dean of the first Federal Academy of Sciences, the "School of Life Sciences", to personally take charge of this plan. He was also ingenious. There should have been graduate students from the "School of Life Sciences" or "School of Human Genetics" responsible for important steps, but he didn't follow the routine at all.