30

Chapter Thirty Two Kinds of Rejection

In the interstellar human gene pool, there is no single eyelid gene anymore. For thousands of years, people have consciously eliminated it for the reason: it is not beautiful.

It is said that women in the mother star era began to hate single eyelids. They don't have technical gene replacement, so they risk sequelae and failure to undergo surgery in exchange for beautiful, beautiful big eyes.

In order to pursue beauty, human beings do everything possible, and it is not just "single eyelids" that have been eliminated.

It was only after several generations of reproduction that people suddenly discovered that the excessive pursuit of good genes has given up many good genes that are more suitable for human survival.

For example, single eyelids are valuable!

On some cold planets, the temperature difference is huge, and other parts of the body can have protective equipment. What about the eyes? Especially in some places where professional equipment cannot be used, it simply depends on the eyelids.

The main function of the eyelids is to protect the eyes. Single eyelids usually have thicker skin, higher subcutaneous tissue, more developed orbicularis oculi muscles, and more fat behind the orbicularis oculi muscles than double eyelids【Note 1】——This configuration is prepared for humans in cold regions .

Unfortunately, the single eyelid gene is no longer preserved in the gene bank. If there were no frozen people, this kind of gene would be extinct, but it would be a great tragedy for mankind.

Captain Hart happily took his wife to the second batch of laboratories to see No. 39, the girl codenamed Sakura who had just woken up.

Sakura is sixteen years old this year, with black hair and black pupils. Because the injected artificial plasma contains special ingredients, the recovery is extremely fast, the skin is not so plump, but it also restores its elasticity. Cheeks are light pink.

At first glance, it looks like some malnourished teenage girl, not a freeze-dried corpse that has slept in a freezer for a thousand years.

"Look at her eyes, how narrow and elongated they are, like a cracked apricot core, and the corners of the eyes are turned upwards, straight to the temple. Hey, I can't describe how they are turned. Mechel, let's If your child has such eyes, how unique! How charming!"

Mechel nodded. Among all the wide double eyelids, the only single eyelid is indeed eye-catching.

But she tilted her head and looked at it for a long time, "I still think number 14 is better."

"Didn't I tell you? There is something wrong with the value of number 14. I have been awake for three months, and the recovery is only better than number 39." A little bit? Her physique is very weak, and she is not optimistic in all aspects. And I know from Suoan that she has undergone general anesthesia when she was on her mother planet, and the reason is also a genetic disease..."

Mechel snorted , "I don't care about your friendship status. That Suoan, just listen to what you say, and don't nag in my ear. I don't want his existence to affect the future of me and my child."

" Hey , but Suoan..." Hart, who still wanted to defend his friend, saw that his wife would not listen, so he could only continue to persuade, "Anyway, I am optimistic about No. 39."

"No, don't want her."

"Why? "

"Single eyelid...ugly!" In the