Being helpful around the holidays

I stare at my phone and grumble at the date. "God I hope we don't have to go see family.", I mumble as I seep down in the covers and into my husband's arms.

"Nope ya'll are going to help at a soup kitchen.", Provost says, appearing right in front of me.

"Aww, that'll be nice way better than hanging out with Brittany.", I reply. I turn around to where my husband is snoring away. I smile at him.

"Foust, it's time to wake up.", I mutter. He groans.

"Come on, you need to get up and go take a shower.", I reply. He looks at me tiredly. I kiss him and get up.

"Provost put the clothes on to wash, they should be dry by now.", he yawns.

"Ok, I'll get them.", I reply, walking out my room. My clothes change as I walk downstairs, I glance in the mirror and see I'm wearing a long-sleeved dark grey shirt, a black trench coat with black pants, and boots along with a dark grey beret. I grab Foust's clothes and walk back upstairs.

"Aww you look cute.", Foust says as he walks to the bathroom.

"Thank you, hurry up and take a shower.", I reply, smiling at him. He nods and walks around me, petting my head. I put his clothes in my room, walk downstairs and go to the kitchen to eat breakfast.

"You look cute.", I hear Rebecca say as she walks into the kitchen.

"Yeah... ", I trial off. I go get a bowl for cereal and start making it.

"Do you know where we're going?", I ask.

"Not really.", she replies. I get the milk, pour it, put it back in the fridge, and sit down.

"We're helping out at a soup kitchen. ", I state.

"Oh cool.", she replies.

"I wonder if we'll pick up Brad?", I mutter. Provost appears in his cat form and lands on my lap.

"Yeah Brad is joining y'all.", he replies, purring on me.

I nod and ask, "Is he going in his own vehicle?"

"Yeah he'll meet y'all there.", Provost replies.

I start petting Provost and wait for everyone else. Foust soon comes downstairs. He walks in the kitchen and I stare at him as he puts his mug in the coffee machine, it soon pours coffee without him doing anything. I stare at the coffee machine weirdly and glance at Foust who's watching the liquid pour into the cup.

"I'm doing it for him.", Provost replies.

I nod. Soon a cup of tea gets set beside me along with a bottle of honey. Foust joins me at the table. I quickly finish my cereal and get up, Provost falls out of my lap and lets out a painful meow.

"Sorry.", I reply, setting the bowl down and picking him up.

He glares at me. "I forgot you were on my lap.", I reply.

He sighs, "Apology accepted."

I clean the bowl out and walk back to the table to fix my tea. After I'm done, I go upstairs and do my morning routine.

All too soon we're on the road to the soup kitchen with lots of commentary from Provost.

"I swear, why can't we throw Fluffy out the window?", Rebecca asks.

"Because that'll hurt him", I reply, glaring at Rebecca. She sighs.

Once there, we get out the car and make our way to the building. A lady walks out of the building and hugs mom. "It's been way too long, Sarah, how have you been?", the lady says.